Liquor shortages put a damper on upcoming Thanksgiving, Christmas holidays

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

And the collective SB community all shrug their shoulders and say "I raise you........my bunker" as they slide into the holidays without a worry.

• I like it 8

10 hours ago, flahute said:

And the collective SB community all shrug their shoulders and say "I raise you........my bunker" as they slide into the holidays without a worry.

Amen and amen.  Best advice SB has given me, don't FOMO, bunker instead :).

• I like it 1

Long lines?  Shortages?  While some products might not be available occasionally, I am see more alcohol, including brands previously allocated, on the shelves than in the past few years.  I can walk into several stores and pick up FRSiB, Baker's, BT, KC9 and a variety of store picks of bourbons, ryes, and tequilas.  Many of which were unicorns a couple of years ago.  Yeah, I might not find a bottle of ER or ECBP if they catch my fancy but that has been the case for quite awhile.  I am sure if a store doesn't have what I want, I can find a suitable substitute.  There are plenty of options.

• I like it 3

12 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Long lines?  Shortages?  While some products might not be available occasionally, I am see more alcohol, including brands previously allocated, on the shelves than in the past few years.  I can walk into several stores and pick up FRSiB, Baker's, BT, KC9 and a variety of store picks of bourbons, ryes, and tequilas.  Many of which were unicorns a couple of years ago.  Yeah, I might not find a bottle of ER or ECBP if they catch my fancy but that has been the case for quite awhile.  I am sure if a store doesn't have what I want, I can find a suitable substitute.  There are plenty of options.

There has been no shortage of liquor or alcohol products in the party stores that I frequent.  None what so ever, in fact most are packed to the gills, making movement in the store more restrictive with shelves and aisles filled.

All one has to do is look at the domain address of the link to determine what's really behind the "story."

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, Special Reserve said:

There has been no shortage of liquor or alcohol products in the party stores that I frequent.  None what so ever, in fact most are packed to the gills, making movement in the store more restrictive with shelves and aisles filled.

All one has to do is look at the domain address of the link to determine what's really behind the "story."

I don’t see any significant shortages either, but I don’t understand your last paragraph?

10 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I don’t see any significant shortages either, but I don’t understand your last paragraph?

Check out the domain address and think about what their primary mission is, it should be clear, if you understand their primary mission.

12 minutes ago, Special Reserve said:

Check out the domain address and think about what their primary mission is, it should be clear, if you understand their primary mission.

Help me here, Will.  What do you clearly get, that I don’t?  I’ve read the article a couple of times and I note it is a Foxbusiness.com “business” piece. While the headline is somewhat sweepingly hyperbolic, the content of the article seems to synthesize where concern over the where, why, and how availability of which products may, or may not, potentially occur.  Is that it?  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2021 at 8:19 AM, Special Reserve said:

Assuming you mean they bring to light what the other MSM sweep under the rug.  That the current administration has created disruptions to the supply chain.

46 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Assuming you mean they bring to light what the other MSM sweep under the rug.  That the current administration has created disruptions to the supply chain.

Have you been in a liquor store lately?  All that I've been in are full to the gills.  So fake supply chain problem.

My local did a pick of Stagg Jr back in the spring with the intent of using those bottles in his annual holiday charity raffle. BT knew about the raffle and was prioritizing processing and bottling it. Only one problem - they can't get glass so it's now delayed into next year some time.

Nashville Barrel Co has a custom bottle. They also can't get glass so they are temporarily using cognac style bottles.

My friend who works in the glass industry is having a hard time securing glass so one of his customers is selling their barbecue sauce out of aluminum cans for now. (And aluminum is also in short supply)

Supply chain issues are real, they just necessarily manifest the way you think they might.

Just remembered another one. My local told me earlier this week that he hasn't had Jameson on the shelf in more than a month because it's stuck on a container ship waiting to offload.

8 hours ago, Special Reserve said:

Have you been in a liquor store lately?  All that I've been in are full to the gills.  So fake supply chain problem.

I wasn't referring to just liquor, but as a matter of fact I have been to a liquor store many times lately and consistently.  And for a month or two until just recently, one of my favorites WT101 was unavailable due to what I understand was a glass bottle shortage.

This is NOT a fake supply chain problem.  It's a real thing. But I could see why a person might be unaware if they only get their information from certain sources.  Which is an even bigger problem in this country that I won't get into on this thread anyway.

Edited by Kepler

I work in the steel sector and we are experiencing supply chain issues.  It is not unreasonable to expect this to be an economy-wide issue.  I have seen recent reports concerning glass and aluminum container shortages.  I am not still not seeing shortages on the shelves with respect to alcohol but that may be a delayed scenario.

On a side note, my wife and I drink Caffeine-Free Diet Pepsi.  We have noticed periodic unavailability since the pandemic started.  I actually emailed Pepsi.  They have a bottler in Indy.  They explained the periodic unavailability is because they need to focus on their core products.  Now, it appears plastic bottle and aluminum can availability are part of the equation.

On 12/12/2021 at 8:37 PM, mbroo5880i said:

On a side note, my wife and I drink Caffeine-Free Diet Pepsi.  We have noticed periodic unavailability since the pandemic started.  I actually emailed Pepsi.  They have a bottler in Indy.  They explained the periodic unavailability is because they need to focus on their core products.  Now, it appears plastic bottle and aluminum can availability are part of the equation.

We've experienced the same issue with Diet Barqs since the start of the pandy.  And more recently, Gatorade Zero has been hard to find...

1 hour ago, dcbt said:

We've experienced the same issue with Diet Barqs since the start of the pandy.  And more recently, Gatorade Zero has been hard to find...

Gatorade in general has been surprisingly nonexistent near me. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.