What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's time to hunker down and grab something from the bunker to tide you over through the winter months.  So, what did you grab today?

First alcohol since about 9:43 PM ET on November 21 (but who's counting???).  Nothing by mouth after 10PM 21 Nov. prior to surgery on 22 Nov.

SO!  What I have?  An Old Fashioned made with 4R YL, a Clementine, some Fee Bros. OF bitters, and a maraschino cherry and ice.  What next?  One ounce of neat GTS 2017 (129 or so proof) to celebrate a successful recovery.  Things are slowly getting back to normal for me; walking is slow but sure, and I've stopped looking for benches to rest on.  Can marathons be next??? In your dreams, kid.  Tomorrow?  OGD BIB, OF COURSE!!B)

• I like it 15

7 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

First alcohol since about 9:43 PM ET on November 21 (but who's counting???).  Nothing by mouth after 10PM 21 Nov. prior to surgery on 22 Nov.

SO!  What I have?  An Old Fashioned made with 4R YL, a Clementine, some Fee Bros. OF bitters, and a maraschino cherry and ice.  What next?  One ounce of neat GTS 2017 (129 or so proof) to celebrate a successful recovery.  Things are slowly getting back to normal for me; walking is slow but sure, and I've stopped looking for benches to rest on.  Can marathons be next??? In your dreams, kid.  Tomorrow?  OGD BIB, OF COURSE!!B)

Glad we were able to share a libation at lunch 17 Nov with my older daughter before your doctor's appointment, my friend.  Now, after successful surgery, you get to do Physical Therapy, I presume.  Hopefully, you will get a therapist with gentle hands, not Helga the former Swedish prison guard that I had for MY knee rehab.  At least you have 11.5 yr L&K pick Baker's to ease the pain, too!  🤗

• I like it 3

12 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Glad you are ok! Noticed you weren’t posting for a while.

15 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

prior to surgery on 22 Nov.

Here's to you! Quick and easy recovery Harry. 

IMG_1794.thumb.jpg.48f404a6fa40a8cb138d958384d5423e.jpg

• I like it 8

8 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Glad we were able to share a libation at lunch 17 Nov with my older daughter before your doctor's appointment, my friend.  Now, after successful surgery, you get to do Physical Therapy, I presume.  Hopefully, you will get a therapist with gentle hands, not Helga the former Swedish prison guard that I had for MY knee rehab.  At least you have 11.5 yr L&K pick Baker's to ease the pain, too!  🤗

The L&K Baker's is for New Years.  And Helga is my favorite wrestling partner.  Some of the Weller 12 will be used in vatting, I expect.  How'd your group like the Virginia Gentleman handle?

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

The L&K Baker's is for New Years.  And Helga is my favorite wrestling partner.  Some of the Weller 12 will be used in vatting, I expect.  How'd your group like the Virginia Gentleman handle?

Gone in a heartbeat.   🥴

• I like it 2

Celebrating being off of work until the 4th😀

You know that it's Christmas,  when you come home and the Maker's bottles are wearing sweaters, hats & mistletoe 🤣

20211223_201603.jpg

• I like it 11

Enjoying the symphony.  Harmony in tonight's flavors.  Heavy on KC15 and Dickel BIB, interspersed with EC Toast and Basil 10 bourbon. 

But then went to raucous after party, KC Single Rye and Rebel Distillers.

• I like it 1

In honor of what would’ve been my grandfather’s 100th birthday today, I tipped one of his favorites - Jack Daniel’s. And because he loved Ol’ Blue Eyes, I figured a pour of the Sinatra Select was in order. Even had it “Frank’s way” - two hearty fingers with plenty of ice and a small splash water. 

AE7A435D-37C2-4DD0-B8D5-6F6AE71357F9.jpeg

• I like it 8

15 minutes ago, Rhettro said:

In honor of what would’ve been my grandfather’s 100th birthday today, I tipped one of his favorites - Jack Daniel’s. And because he loved Ol’ Blue Eyes, I figured a pour of the Sinatra Select was in order. Even had it “Frank’s way” - two hearty fingers with plenty of ice and a small splash water. 

Wow. This would’ve been my mothers 103rd birthday. Cheers to your grandfather and my mother @Rhettro!  A nice pour of 2020 WLW is in my glass. 🥂

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 9

I enjoyed my Old Tub BIB a great deal, but I'm moving on to Old Forester 100, and I'll likely top off the night with some Ritt BIB. That 100-proof thing is working for me tonight.

• I like it 4

1 minute ago, TBoner said:

I enjoyed my Old Tub BIB a great deal, but I'm moving on to Old Forester 100, and I'll likely top off the night with some Ritt BIB. That 100-proof thing is working for me tonight.

That's a winning lineup,  every time...and those are all great, (and cheap!), pours.

Skol!!

• I like it 1

Started out with a nice pour of OF100 along with @TBoner.  Moved on to a nice pour of MM46 CS.  Looks like a few of us are enjoying some MM pre-Christmas pours. 

• I like it 3

4 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

That's a winning lineup,  every time...and those are all great, (and cheap!), pours.

Skol!!

Kind of a nice climb up the rye ladder. OF 100 and Ritt BIB have been mainstays for me over the years, but I think the OF has improved steadily for the last 4-5 years. Great stuff.

All excellent values, too, for sure.

• I like it 2

My youngest (26) made it home first, so the Wife talked us into a trip to Wine World to buy the holiday libations + a trip to the bar. She got the happy hour wine carafe for the price of a glass, the Baby Boy got a Basil Haden Smash (lite weight) and I got Birthday Bourbon pour; not cheap, but the bar manager must have been happy to sell it so...

He gave me a last pour out of the BH bottle (at least an oz & a half) and a Weller SR on the house. Well worth the price of admission just to hang out with my youngest.

Back at home, I poured a Yamazaki 12 for the Little Guy while my eldest Son & his Wife showed up with a bottle of Brothers Bond; I tried a pour of that. Not off-putting but at 80 proof, just not enough fire in the hole for me. My Honey enjoyed a Yamazaki, herself while I upped the ante to a SS Peerless. The dynamic changed with some eating, the youngest stepping out to see his friends (got picked up so he wasn't driving) and me switching to an EC.

Goodness, I Love The Holidays!!!

Be Safe All...

• I like it 4

Had a couple of buddies over for pre-Christmas eve drinks (even though 1 was Jewish - he got the Happy Hanukkah napkin from SWMBO).  Started out with a 50:50 blend of 2 L&K Wilderness Trail Rye picks (fabulous), a SBS of regular Blanton's and L&K Blanton's, sampled my GW4G for giggles, and finished off with a taste of the new 2021 THH (also fabulous). They got calls from their wives and promised they were on their ways home - out the door and "off like a prom dress"!    🤣

Ain't the holidays GRAND?  🥳

• I like it 5

We are in Arizona visiting Mrs. Jazz's  siblings for Christmas.    Looking forward to a Mexican feast fea

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Had a couple of buddies over for pre-Christmas eve drinks (even though 1 was Jewish - he got the Happy Hanukkah napkin from SWMBO).  Started out with a 50:50 blend of 2 L&K Wilderness Trail Rye picks (fabulous), a SBS of regular Blanton's and L&K Blanton's, sampled my GW4G for giggles, and finished off with a taste of the new 2021 THH (also fabulous). They got calls from their wives and promised they were on their ways home - out the door and "off like a prom dress"!    🤣

Nice!  But, it sounds like the makings of a Henny Youngman joke: “A Chinese guy, a Jewish guy, and a blonde in a prom dress go to the bar, and the bartender says…” 🤪

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Nice!  But, it sounds like the makings of a Henny Youngman joke: “A Chinese guy, a Jewish guy, and a blonde in a prom dress go to the bar, and the bartender says…” 🤪

OMG - that's too funny!  Almost spit out my coffee thru my nose.  😬

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

46 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

OMG - that's too funny!  Almost spit out my coffee thru my nose.  😬

And this is part of what makes this such a great place. 😎 I’m just glad you didn’t say anything about an Irishmen. :lol:

Biba! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.