something wrong with Rittenhouse?

JohnR
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 6/12/2022 at 2:06 PM, smokinjoe said:

I really have no desire to extend this thread further, but I have to make a couple points.  
There have been a number of comments from these boards that have indeed provided practical insights as Meghan hoped for. It seems though, that these did not provide the smoking gun as to the reason for off tasting Rittenhouse that our newest members had hoped to find here.  Sorry that you didn’t get what you were looking for, but you did receive first hand experiences, possibilities of what may be the issues, and practical suggestions and insight.  
And speaking personally, when the OP starts off that he is a long time Bourbon drinker

and after finding his purchase of Ritt he states:

“I plan to returnthe bottle, not to get a refund, but to hopefullyconvince people to not stock it any longer.”

Really?  Convince stores to not stock it anymore because you have a bottle that doesn’t agree with you?  Sorry, but color me skeptical of the intent here.  It looks like others expressed this same skepticism on the posters intent, and perhaps expressed things somewhat directly. 

But, y’all stick around and let’s continue to talk!

Well said Joe. 

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a bottle today and compared to the dregs in the old one- just fine!

On 7/1/2022 at 2:26 PM, lemonman said:

Picked up a bottle today and compared to the dregs in the old one- just fine!

Did the same thing last week and agree 100%.  An added benefit is that it's still reasonably priced 🙂

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, TunnelTiger said:

Did the same thing last week and agree 100%.  An added benefit is that it's still reasonably priced 🙂

AGREE.  I did pass on it at $27 plus tax at a VA ABC store yesterday, but that's because I have three in the bunker and one open in the dining room.  OF Rye does give it some taste and price competition, but they have enough differences that I don't hesitate having some of each around.

• I like it 1

Fortunately I can find it as low as 22.99 here. It's one of my favorite Old Fashioned go to's.

• I like it 1

• 1 month later...

For $25/$26 , I find this one hard to beat.  Bought my first one in a while, but will definitely buy more.  

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.