What beer are you drinking--2022!

scratchline
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Happy to turn this one over for a brand new year.  Hope it's better than the last one!  (The year...not the topic)

Picked this up in MA far from the brewery and glad to see they're getting distribution up here.  Rock solid.  As good as Treehouse or Other Half.  A tiny bit of hop burn even after six weeks in the can but nicely bitter to balance the hazy tropical juiciness.   Softer mouthfeel than many DIPAs.  A fitting start to the year.

IMG_8876.thumb.jpg.8a155cdc3d7e4e7712651793dfc21895.jpg 

Edited by scratchline
  • I like it 2

Day off today, so trying to finish up the Christmas Beer.  Three Taverns “Feest Noel” on this blustery and cold day here, Down South.  

Side note, a small local distillery in Decatur distilled and aged a couple barrels of this beer a few years back, and it remains one of the best craft products I’ve ever had. 

99E771F9-274D-4BEF-8010-E9B688C5ABC8.jpeg

• I like it 1

Coco.  Treehouse Julius conditioned on toasted coconut.   Right out of the fridge, it's very subtle; I'm not sure I'd identify the coconut.  But as it warms the coconut comes forward.  Beautiful beer, no surprise.  Did I mention the coconut?

IMG_8883.thumb.jpg.2315ab78836bdb80d771c3eaae955480.jpg

• I like it 2

Received this years Christmas Bud Stein to keep my set complete.  Christmas pack Bud in it earlier with lunch.  

85FECBC1-C91A-499B-8A06-146AB7D11880.jpeg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Received this years Christmas Bud Stein to keep my set complete.  Christmas pack Bud in it earlier with lunch.  

85FECBC1-C91A-499B-8A06-146AB7D11880.jpeg

Love it!

A lot of miles behind the wheel this week. I visited an empty Yosemite National Park this week. So that was cool. Trying to unwind and this beer is helping. 

D880AA35-E573-4717-9010-DD7C6F9C40A8.jpeg

• I like it 1

Finished up some chores that needed choring, so settling in with 3F’s Zombie Dust to await some football.  BTW, while I had no dog in the fights yesterday, it was fun to see some good old fashioned football in the cold.  The GB-SF was particularly fun to watch with the swirling snow.

1D96BDFA-F376-40F9-A1CB-33E4CEC73D60.jpeg

• I like it 4

For Sundays games. Pours of Guinness for Purdue/Northwestern bball and beginning of Rams/Bucs game.

9EB8D19F-9E31-4AB6-B570-4B9BDE6491E9.thumb.jpeg.a3216df95d336cd142b9b17e2da7e0c0.jpeg

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Finished up some chores that needed choring, so settling in with 3F’s Zombie Dust to await some football.  BTW, while I had no dog in the fights yesterday, it was fun to see some good old fashioned football in the cold.  The GB-SF was particularly fun to watch with the swirling snow.

1D96BDFA-F376-40F9-A1CB-33E4CEC73D60.jpeg

How did you like that blocked punt/touchdown.

5 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Have you ever been to the Hofbrauhaus? Highly recommended. 

I have not, its on the to do list!

Don't laugh,

The other day I went to a store in Indy that has the policy of stocking all the brands of beer available.

I came home with a six pack of 16oz. Schlitz cans.  Yesterday I opened one.  Man it was good.  If you're going to drink American light lager, this stuff is way better than all that garbage water they advertise during sports. 

• I like it 4

Back 50 years ago Schlitz was my go beer.  Man, I haven't had one of those in decades, it would be interesting to revisit it.  I wonder how much it has changed over the years.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, PaulO said:

Don't laugh,

The other day I went to a store in Indy that has the policy of stocking all the brands of beer available.

I came home with a six pack of 16oz. Schlitz cans.  Yesterday I opened one.  Man it was good.  If you're going to drink American light lager, this stuff is way better than all that garbage water they advertise during sports. 

4 hours ago, Special Reserve said:

Back 50 years ago Schlitz was my go beer.  Man, I haven't had one of those in decades, it would be interesting to revisit it.  I wonder how much it has changed over the years.

I mentioned this in another thread. When I was a kid growing up in Beech Grove Indiana, I used to hang out with a few guys in my neighborhood. One guy had an older brother that would buy us beer and whiskey. Sometimes in the summer, we’d get a Schlitz Stay Cold 12 pack or two, some 5¢ cigars and camp out overnight in the local woods. A small camp fire, beer, cigars and puking. 🤮 Ahhh, the good old days. 😎

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

7 hours ago, Special Reserve said:

I was just thinking about the beers of my youth the other day Will. Hudepohl, Schlitz, PBR and Old Dutch. But Strohs was my go to.

To this day, if I'm someplace that has Pabst on draught, I have at least one.

Edited by Phil T
  • I like it 1

5 hours ago, Phil T said:

beers of my youth

Wow, this should be its own thread. Off the top of my head: Milwaukee’s Best, Icehouse(lol), Miller Genuine Draft. 

We used to buy on Thursday evenings, ice them down Friday morning on the way to school, and have them ready when the old college prep school released for the weekend. 

We were idiots. 

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Phil T said:

I was just thinking about the beers of my youth the other day Will. Hudepohl, Schlitz, PBR and Old Dutch. But Strohs was my go to.

To this day, if I'm someplace that has Pabst on draught, I have at least one.

You forgot about Hudy Delight.

18 minutes ago, flahute said:

You forgot about Hudy Delight.

You and @Phil T brought back yet another fond memory Steve. Again, when I was a kid, we had a tv station in Indy that televised numerous Cincinnati Reds games. Decent station, but the local sportscasters were just so-so. We could get the Cincy radio station (WLW) in Indy, so we’d watch the games on Channel 4/WTTV, but we’d turn the volume on the tv down and listen to Marty Brennaman and Joe Knuxhall on WLW. “Brought to you by Hudepohl 14K. Until next time, here’s the old left hander rounding third and heading for home.”

Biba! Joe

We used to do that with the I.U. basketball games - channel four on TV, volume off, radio on.  Back then you could watch all the games on channel four, didn't even need cable, pick it up on antenna.

Since we're talking about Cincy too, my favorite beer from there back in the day - Little Kings.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.