What beer are you drinking--2022!

scratchline
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ha!  It came in a Christmas gift set with a bottle of Rare Breed.  I don’t use it often, as I’ve already broken one, and I’m such a clod I’m afraid to bread this one, too!  🤪

Played 17 before I broke into the refreshments. I put a cap on a shitty week. Wren House Brewing out of Prescott, AZ. Cold IPA. Very good! 

217DA484-FD9A-4AE0-BD45-9E10FFA66EB2.jpeg

• I like it 2

As soon as I cracked this I could smell the fruit. Waiting on kickoff for Los Angeles college football bragging rights. This is an excellent IPA.

0A869BDA-8E5E-4934-A51B-B3D8A3ABC3A8.jpeg

• I like it 1

Yesterday I had some Hefeweizen from Trader Joe's, first in a long time.  While it still tastes pretty good, I was sort of disappointed to discover no yeast in the bottle at all.  It used to have it.  The name is "hefe" (yeast) for crying out loud.  The cloudiness and velvety texture are supposed to be part of the experience.

It's a diminished version of what it once was.

Belgian time! My father in law from Muskoka visited. So it was Abt 12 and Capstan Blue in the pipe. 

IMG_20221123_215717683.jpg

• I like it 4

On 11/25/2022 at 11:39 AM, MM818 said:

USA! USA! USA! These kids are looking to break through against dreary old England. 😀

0CA8F2AD-9C6C-4BB7-9558-B73231388956.jpeg

Playing England to a draw is a big win for us.

• I like it 1

On 11/28/2022 at 3:05 AM, Clueby said:

Trying to put as big a dent in this as I can. Nothing to really put the leftover in.

20221127_181817.jpg

Whoa, this looks awesome!

Coolish today, and decided a Rauchbier was in order after the work day ended.    I can only drink this style a couple times a year, and in small amounts when I do.  But, they cover a niche in my beer palate  that no other beer can cover.  Its not my favorite beer, but certainly it’s the most interesting beer I drink.  And, probably the most enjoyable at the time.  

1858BC25-0D1F-4000-A6F1-D82AAD924CF7.jpeg

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Coolish today, and decided a Rauchbier was in order after the work day ended.    I can only drink this style a couple times a year, and in small amounts when I do.  But, they cover a niche in my beer palate  that no other beer can cover.  Its not my favorite beer, but certainly it’s the most interesting beer I drink.  And, probably the most enjoyable at the time.  

1858BC25-0D1F-4000-A6F1-D82AAD924CF7.jpeg

Ah, stuff from Bamberg! Nice! 

Late afternoon hangover relief cold fermented porter. I hosted a large holiday party last night and then woke up and was on dad duty all day. This is a fantastic beer.

5D390274-5F6D-4F8D-A29B-DE9F7772C026.jpeg

• I like it 1

I’ve been making a good dent into getting up our Christmas decorations and Christmas present buying.  Did pretty well this morning on the buying, so I’m relaxing back with a Sierra Nevada Celebration IPA.  Just started getting in to this the past couple of years, as I previously preferred heavier beers for the Holidays.  While I still do like many of those (except the overly sweet and gooey ones), celebration is cleaner and crispier, while not too much grapefruit and pine.  Just enough to go with ramming my pie hole full of candy, cookie, cakes, pies, meats, cheeses, and any other Christmas food treat imaginable.🤪

47C705C5-3E3D-4060-BFDF-3F336B9F234E.jpeg

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I’ve been making a good dent into getting up our Christmas decorations and Christmas present buying.  Did pretty well this morning on the buying, so I’m relaxing back with a Sierra Nevada Celebration IPA.  Just started getting in to this the past couple of years, as I previously preferred heavier beers for the Holidays.  While I still do like many of those (except the overly sweet and gooey ones), celebration is cleaner and crispier, while not too much grapefruit and pine.  Just enough to go with ramming my pie hole full of candy, cookie, cakes, pies, meats, cheeses, and any other Christmas food treat imaginable.🤪

47C705C5-3E3D-4060-BFDF-3F336B9F234E.jpeg

I love this beer. Fond memories of my neighborhood tavern getting an annual keg.  They wouldn’t fill growlers so

we had to linger longer than usual. 

This and Jubelale were holiday staples from Cascadia. 

23 minutes ago, MM818 said:

I love this beer. Fond memories of my neighborhood tavern getting an annual keg.  They wouldn’t fill growlers so

we had to linger longer than usual. 

This and Jubelale were holiday staples from Cascadia. 

Right there with you. Though Celebration doesn't fit into my typical Christmas beer category it fills a niche as a change of pace because you can only drink so many of those rich beers.

Jubleale and Ninkasi Sleigh'r are my longtime gotos as well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.