What bottle did you open today? - 2022

Kjbarth
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

16 hours ago, Kepler said:

Surely I'm not the first person to open a new bottle around here in nearly 2 weeks?  The "What bottle have you purchased" sure is always plenty busy enough.. Come on people open 'em up.

Elijah Craig single barrel pick from a local store cracked open today and I'm currently enjoying it immensely.

Opened this last night

russels.thumb.jpeg.2a9b1dd15f44e1ffda5cebc045d48248.jpeg

• I like it 8

Now I feel bad for opening a bottle a couple of days ago and not posting about it.  The Stagg Jr. batch 17 that was purchased a little over a week ago was opened and given its initial trial.  It is very very good, would even say it is the best bottle I have had since batch 12.  Can't wait to see how it opens up after a couple more pours are made.

• I like it 6

5 hours ago, hughewil said:

Opened this last night

russels.thumb.jpeg.2a9b1dd15f44e1ffda5cebc045d48248.jpeg

3 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Now I feel bad for opening a bottle a couple of days ago and not posting about it.  The Stagg Jr. batch 17 that was purchased a little over a week ago was opened and given its initial trial.  It is very very good, would even say it is the best bottle I have had since batch 12.  Can't wait to see how it opens up after a couple more pours are made.

Good work gents! Guilt is a powerful tool 😛

• I like it 7

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Good work gents! Guilt is a powerful tool 😛

Guilt, or shame? :ph34r:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

Opened my second bottle of ECBP A122 today. I was quickly reminded why the first bottle didn't last very long!

• I like it 4

On 5/7/2022 at 5:42 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Guilt, or shame? :ph34r:

Biba! Joe

😂😂

Just opened up a new bottle of OGD114 and immediately mixed up a fresh batch of GW4G and decanted.   Still left half a bottle of OGD114 for my drinking pleasure. 😉 🥃

• I like it 4

Opened an ER store pick a few days ago. It's a good one. Just finished a regs ER, and this is maybe a notch or two above it. Glad I was able to grab an extra for the bunker.

Also just last night opened a fresh 1783. This is my third bottle of the new version, and it is still tasting good.

• I like it 2

Cracked open this pair.  First pour is W12, but I'm getting ready to decant myself a bottle of SB Weller blend, for the first time in years.

20220520_194919.jpg

• I like it 7

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Cracked open this pair.  First pour is W12, but I'm getting ready to decant myself a bottle of SB Weller blend, for the first time in years.

You have the blessing of the Weller Whore for your SB Weller Blend @Kepler. 🙏

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

42 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

You have the blessing of the Weller Whore for your SB Weller Blend @Kepler. 🙏

Biba! Joe

Thank you, Weller Whore Jedi Master 🙏

😁

• I like it 3

52 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Thank you, Weller Whore Jedi Master 🙏

😁

image.jpeg

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

On 2/25/2022 at 10:27 PM, smokinjoe said:

Purchased and opened an Old Fo 86 pr today.  On the heels of a recent 100 proof OF pick up, I can confirm I enjoy this lower proof version more.  The overall balance and lack of prickliness is better for my tastes.  I’m also thinking this may be a staple freezer whiskey as the temps rise heading into Summer.  

590861AB-C42D-41C9-99BD-56E79A5AA7A7.jpeg

On 2/26/2022 at 3:00 PM, flahute said:

Boom! Loving the suggestion for this as the freezer whiskey.

Though I prefer the 100 I love this one too and have a handle of it in the cabinet right now.

Also love that this is the well whiskey at Delta Sky Club which I happily drink for free while others are paying up for everything else. It's our best kept secret.

Brother, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!  Popped this in the freezer a couple weeks ago, and trying it again today after work.  Now, half way through, and it’s creamy thick, and the freezer brings forward a lovely banana note.  For me, banana is part of the B-F house style, but is muted typically in the OF line, while very forward in the Tennessee Daniel’s line.  The coolness enhances it here, and likens it to a banana popsicle, but the other bourbon notes come through quite well, so as not to make it cloying. Works great in the heat.  
Yep, this will find a regular place next to the Yella Label in the freezer.  👍🏻

Added benefit, since I had to find room in the freezer to fit this bottle in, I found a foil wrapped chicken breast labeled 9-3-18 buried in the back that somehow missed earlier purges, and can now be mercifully tossed…🤪

37590EC7-79AD-42CC-851C-A7C6224163C8.jpeg

• I like it 5

51 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Brother, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!  Popped this in the freezer a couple weeks ago, and trying it again today after work.  Now, half way through, and it’s creamy thick, and the freezer brings forward a lovely banana note.  For me, banana is part of the B-F house style, but is muted typically in the OF line, while very forward in the Tennessee Daniel’s line.  The coolness enhances it here, and likens it to a banana popsicle, but the other bourbon notes come through quite well, so as not to make it cloying. Works great in the heat.  
Yep, this will find a regular place next to the Yella Label in the freezer.  👍🏻

Added benefit, since I had to find room in the freezer to fit this bottle in, I found a foil wrapped chicken breast labeled 9-3-18 buried in the back that somehow missed earlier purges, and can now be mercifully tossed…🤪

37590EC7-79AD-42CC-851C-A7C6224163C8.jpeg

This one has been on my mind. I don't know if you subliminally programmed me back in February, but was thinking of giving it a try, recently.

Thanx for the road test...

MM 46 CS. Having a pour out by the fire tonight. 95 on both Sat and Sunday, now barely 60. That’s Spring. Listening to AC/DC Iron Man album for as long as SWMBO lets me. 
07CBE707-70A7-47D9-95B7-CB6BC0C3FF52.thumb.jpeg.43764d0c54407ebb33b88509e45781b0.jpeg

• I like it 3

17 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

MM 46 CS. Having a pour out by the fire tonight. 95 on both Sat and Sunday, now barely 60. That’s Spring. Listening to AC/DC Iron Man album for as long as SWMBO lets me. 
07CBE707-70A7-47D9-95B7-CB6BC0C3FF52.thumb.jpeg.43764d0c54407ebb33b88509e45781b0.jpeg

Wow, this is good!

1 hour ago, Kjbarth said:

Listening to AC/DC Iron Man album for as long as SWMBO lets me.

Rock.  On.

Having a pour from this '18 old rip that I opened over the weekend.  My brother came to visit me so we had some good pours.  Good pours and good times. 

20220530_165550.jpg

Edited by Kepler
added photo
  • I like it 8

Starlight picks from this March landed! This rye is 🔥.  Probably going to have to go back for more. 

1EDAE37D-81D6-4290-9414-CD08381E1FAD.jpeg

• I like it 2

Opened my last Stagg Jr. from the bunker, batch 7.  The plan is to take my time and be a slow sipper to make it last.  It's damn good.  I think that plan may fall apart quickly.  Cheers!

• I like it 3

Finished a few, so opened a few.

A107.  Jefferson's Voyage 24.  4RSmBS.  

Took a bottle of EWSiB as a gift to a BBQ.  I liked it better than the 1st bottle I had negatively mentioned here.  Still not on my go-to list, but better.

On 6/3/2022 at 2:54 PM, Bret Bret said:

Opened my last Stagg Jr. from the bunker, batch 7.  The plan is to take my time and be a slow sipper to make it last.  It's damn good.  I think that plan may fall apart quickly.  Cheers!

It's good to have goals though 😁

On 5/30/2022 at 5:03 PM, Kepler said:

Having a pour from this '18 old rip that I opened over the weekend.  My brother came to visit me so we had some good pours.  Good pours and good times. 

20220530_165550.jpg

Your Brother is very fortunate to be able to visit and enjoy your bar. 

Cheers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.