Empty bottle(s) support group — 2022

Kjbarth
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

I see the 114 in the background giving the 21 gun salute for fallen comrades.  Last couple days I've returned to 114 after a 10-12 year hiatus for no particular reason.  I always liked it, recommended it, enjoyed it.  Good stuff.

I quite like it neat but probably 2/3 of a given bottle goes to Grandpa Weller's 4 Grain blend.  Tasty!

Sure wish I could find these type of bottles in the stores again.  Now I can only find them in the bunker and I'll be digging in there soon.

IMG_4188.jpg

• I like it 4

12 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Sure wish I could find these type of bottles in the stores again.  Now I can only find them in the bunker and I'll be digging in there soon.

IMG_4188.jpg

Just found a 2015 FRSmB LE in my bunker a couple of days ago.  That was one of the finest bourbons I've had in a loooong time.  The "found" bottle should be great as well.  😋

• I like it 6

I guess Wheater Christmas is officially over.  I probably should have saved a sample of this 2015 bottle for sbs, but oh well.

Opened this one last year (Dec. 2020) to share with some friends that hadn’t tried it before.  They still talk about that night.  Pulled it out this recent holiday season for myself to enjoy, and decided it wasn’t going back into storage.

Lots of butterscotch on this tonight.  It’s tasting sweet and rich, and about the best it ever has.  Probably because it’s the end, or it’s the Lindt chocolate I just had.  Either way, it’s going out with glory.

1E1B8E59-D3B6-4145-939A-C4ACEFCABB45.jpeg

• I like it 12

16 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Just found a 2015 FRSmB LE in my bunker a couple of days ago.  That was one of the finest bourbons I've had in a loooong time.  The "found" bottle should be great as well.  😋

2015 is probably my favorite of the ones I've tried ('13-'21).

Rutledge went out on top!

• I like it 4

In bottle killing mode for the next few days. Last night saw the end of a Loch & Key Single Barrel Buffalo Trace from last year. That and a bottle of Makers 101 are no longer in the cabinet. A few more should drop off tonight as well. I'll post them tomorrow.😏

• I like it 4

So tomorrow became today some how because of work. Tuesday night kills consisted of two bottles I purchased back in Louisville last year. Old Forrester Barrel Strength Master Distillers Pick which got better the longer it was open and more air got to it. Next was a Total Wine pick of Starlight Single Barrel at 108 proof. I regret not getting 2 or 3 bottles of this one!! It was a fabulous "dessert" pour. Tons of burnt brown sugar and maple syrup notes on every sip with a hint of cherries and shortbread cookies! I had multiples I would have killed this bottle down in less than a week it was that good. Most certainly need to find another bottle from Starlight the next time we are back in town.

The bottles continue to run dry tonight as I just finished a WTRB. I think I might have one or two more to post here before the end of the weekend before we switch over to the what did you open thread. 

• I like it 2

Shoulda had a backup for this one.   The Cherry Hill NJ Wegman's had these for a hot minute,  55 months old and finished in a new lightly toasted (#1 char) barrel.  A high proof vanilla bomb,  this is a four grain that tastes like a good wheater.   It has been a persistent winter favorite, and hence about to deliver up its last small measure of devotion.

Adios.

20220120_190438.jpg

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 1

Polished off another KC, which is normally my #1 go-to. For whatever reason it hasn't been the last month or so, but back in the saddle tonight enough to finish one, and immediately crack another.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, steven s said:

this was fantastic. 

IMG_8065.jpg

This is some of the best bourbon there is, IMO.

• I like it 2

gosh. i have one more, but it is the more recent bottling, 108p I think. Hope it is close to as good as the 113p.

Finished off a bottle of Baker's and OWA tonight.  Needed something to dull the pain of watching my U of L Cards stink up the floor yet again.  

• I like it 3

I disposed of these two over the weekend. The Barrell 025 was excellent, the 1897 is fine but nothing special. 

20220131_221314.jpg

• I like it 3

On 1/31/2022 at 10:24 PM, Kepler said:

I disposed of these two over the weekend. The Barrell 025 was excellent, the 1897 is fine but nothing special. 

20220131_221314.jpg

I haven't had the Barrell #25.

The OF 1897, I have.

For me, it is unique, because, it is a bottle full of caramel-green apples. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

On 2/3/2022 at 9:18 PM, Kepler said:

Finished this one a few nights ago.  Next man up.

20220203_211323.jpg

A plethora of riches. 😁

Cheers

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.