Empty bottle(s) support group — 2022

Kjbarth
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well a few more bit the dust.  Worked on OF Rye, WSR, A107, and 4R from thee freezer (good idea, that).  Wife is in Chile for a few weeks and I brought over some Supervision to make sure I behave.  The Wifey is skeptical of my choice of Supervision.

But all the Supervisors all had Y-Chromosomes (is that still a thing nowadays?).  She agreed that bringing over non-Y-Chromosome guests would be a Very Bad Idea.  And yet....she doubts the quality of my Supervision.  It's all really so very confusing.

2022-06-20 07.03.37.jpg

• I like it 2

Since the neighbor dropped off a replacement, time to bid farewell.

9C0135C7-E06C-429D-B06F-B2E4A8CAB1A6.jpeg

• I like it 5

Already pictured, and now gone. Yes, the Rush Creek ended up being a drain pour. I tried a small pour again last night. 🤢 No can do.

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.37f481207d952333916539fb08acf1d2.jpeg

• I like it 6

I’ll miss this bottle. Whether enjoying alone or with friends. Neat or mixed. Always up for a good time .

F9E555D3-9F82-47F5-A3ED-FB81F718CDF8.jpeg

• I like it 6

31 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Astros just no-hit the mighty NYY in Yankee stadium today.  That called for one last "victory Cigar" pour.

https://www.mlb.com/news/cristian-javier-astros-no-hit-yankees

20220625_162946.thumb.jpg.f252cb1e24a3f7d85ef93ed55c189f9d.jpg

Happy and sad.  Wonderful drink.  Sad to see it empty.  Been sitting on mine.  Waiting for another release and to then shall use my Flying Monkeys to venture forth and gather as much of this elixir as possible.  Cheers.

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, Anwalt said:

Happy and sad.  Wonderful drink.  Sad to see it empty.  Been sitting on mine.  Waiting for another release and to then shall use my Flying Monkeys to venture forth and gather as much of this elixir as possible.  Cheers.

It's a fantastic tasting whiskey.

• I like it 2

Bumped off this one but the rest of the gang is hanging out in the basement.

7CEADA1D-4D13-4711-B86B-615A950CE26D.jpeg

• I like it 7

6 hours ago, markandrex said:

Bumped off this one but the rest of the gang is hanging out in the basement.

7CEADA1D-4D13-4711-B86B-615A950CE26D.jpeg

Nicely done 

Finished off a 4R SmB from 2015. Good stuff. 
i sure am happy, I have several of these “older” bottles stashed away.  

Cheers

• I like it 2

It has been a bottle kill kinda evening. Earlier, 4R, now Larceny BP. The Larceny has been so enjoyable, when I can,  I will pick up another bottle.  It had all of the beauties of wheated  bourbon, softness, sweet, thick viscosity, then throw in the BP punch. A winner. Yep, I’m a fan. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

Helpful friend and I finished off two that were close to empty; a Woodford Masters Collection via Manhattan and Bardstown Fusion #5.  I liked the latter quite a bit.

• I like it 1

My two most recent bottle kills. 

The 1792 SmB was the first time I'd tried it.  I'd never heard many good things about so at mid $30s price point, I avoided it.  But when I saw it on sale at $25, I pulled the trigger and I'm glad I did.  It was pretty darned good and I'm definitely going to get another one.  Along with the BiB and FP, I'm becoming Barton fan. 

The Nulu was also my first try.  Not a SiB like most Nulu this was a small batch Calif. only release.  On sale for $48, this was a fantastic MGP pour.  Will probably get a couple more while it's still on sale. 

1792 smb empty.jpg

nulu empty.jpg

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, fosmith said:

The 1792 SmB was the first time I'd tried it.  I'd never heard many good things about so at mid $30s price point, I avoided it.  But when I saw it on sale at $25, I pulled the trigger and I'm glad I did.  It was pretty darned good and I'm definitely going to get another one.  Along with the BiB and FP, I'm becoming Barton fan. 

The Nulu was also my first try.  Not a SiB like most Nulu this was a small batch Calif. only release.  On sale for $48, this was a fantastic MGP pour.  Will probably get a couple more while it's still on sale. 

Yep I think 1792 Small Batch is a very solid bourbon.  Tastes like bourbon should.  I agree it would be overpriced in the mid $30s but it's a very solid value in the mid $20s which is what it typically goes for here in Tx.

I've never tried the Nulu but it's all over the place here with single barrel picks. 

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, fosmith said:

For the price(s), you might want to try the parallel Kirkland offerings.  Small Batch hit my Costco stores in SoCal recently for $19.  First time it was out I blinded it and it was pretty close to the 1792 branded version; I slightly preferred the 1792 but I would say some would prefer the 1792, some the Kirkland,  The latter had a slight smokey note that I didn't notice in the former.  When the Kirkland BIB came out I didn't have a 1792 BIB to blind with, but to me, but it was very close to the Very Old Barton 100 I blinded it with.  The 120 proof  SiB was VERY good.  The 1792 SIB I had was much lower proof so I didn't blind them, but I have twice blinded the Kirkland 1792 SiB with Smoke Wagon UCUF and an Old Ezra Distiller's Collection store pick and the Kirkland narrowly came out on top for me both times.  YMMV.

• I like it 1

Killed these two today.  The EC is a staple that I buy in handles and keep a good supply of (I have several bottles in the bunker that came with bundles with ECBP too).  I am really not a big Buffalo Trace mashbill fan if it doesn't have "Stagg" in its name, so I "killed" this one by pouring it into my Eagle Rare bottle, then adding some Benchmark Full Proof so I could give the latter some room to breathe.  Sorry if I offended any BT lovers!

Just now, IamMatt said:

Killed these two today.  The EC is a staple that I buy in handles and keep a good supply of (I have several bottles in the bunker that came with bundles with ECBP too).  I am really not a big Buffalo Trace mashbill fan if it doesn't have "Stagg" in its name, so I "killed" this one by pouring it into my Eagle Rare bottle, then adding some Benchmark Full Proof so I could give the latter some room to breathe.  Sorry if I offended any BT lovers!

2 empties.jpg

2 hours ago, IamMatt said:

I am really not a big Buffalo Trace mashbill fan if it doesn't have "Stagg" in its name, so I "killed" this one by pouring it into my Eagle Rare bottle, then adding some Benchmark Full Proof so I could give the latter some room to breathe.  Sorry if I offended any BT lovers!

Too late Matt. 😉

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 3

11 hours ago, IamMatt said:

I am really not a big Buffalo Trace mashbill fan if it doesn't have "Stagg" in its name, so I "killed" this one by pouring it into my Eagle Rare bottle, then adding some Benchmark Full Proof so I could give the latter some room to breathe. 

You got Benchmark Full Proof in SoCal?  I thought it was only available in the mid west.  I haven't seen it here in the Bay Area...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.