What Bourbon Did You Pass On 2022

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I made my first visit to a liquor store this year.  A local chain has a newer store near the mall, that was supposed to carry everything.  The problem is, the stuff they have that's not hard to find but decent, I can get cheaper at a grocery store.  The hard to find stuff I might buy, they don't have (basically no one does).  There is an entire wall, and a large portion is non distiller producer stuff and "craft".  Don't forget the flavored stuff (no thanks).

I noticed bottles of some cartoon label NDP single barrel selections they did in 2020 in the corner marked down.

Also saw older turkey head label WT on the shelf.  Is merchandise not moving.

I passed on it all.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, PaulO said:

I made my first visit to a liquor store this year.  A local chain has a newer store near the mall, that was supposed to carry everything.  The problem is, the stuff they have that's not hard to find but decent, I can get cheaper at a grocery store.  The hard to find stuff I might buy, they don't have (basically no one does).  There is an entire wall, and a large portion is non distiller producer stuff and "craft".  Don't forget the flavored stuff (no thanks).

I noticed bottles of some cartoon label NDP single barrel selections they did in 2020 in the corner marked down.

Also saw older turkey head label WT on the shelf.  Is merchandise not moving.

I passed on it all.

Due to budget constraints + zen (somewhat) I'm going to pass on everything this month.  Wild Turkey Master's Keep has been spotted in parts of PA but nowhere near me, that's the only thing that really caught my eye.

We are planning to do the Bourbon Trail in April so trying to hold out until then...

• I like it 3

• 2 weeks later...

A semi-local store normally has their big LE Whisky raffle and tasting the Saturday after Black Friday. For some reason it was delayed this year. Tomorrow is their SELL-OFF 2022. This used to be a pretty good store. Over the years they’ve gotten worse and worse. Now they are all out tater. I won’t be going there tomorrow, so I’ll be passing on everything. Here, hold this for me.🖕

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• I like it 3

6 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

A semi-local store normally has their big LE Whisky raffle and tasting the Saturday after Black Friday. For some reason it was delayed this year. Tomorrow is their SELL-OFF 2022. This used to be a pretty good store. Over the years they’ve gotten worse and worse. Now they are all out tater. I won’t be going there tomorrow, so I’ll be passing on everything. Here, hold this for me.🖕

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Woof!

Blanton's Gold for $399 (Duty Free Bermuda $76!), RHF $299, ETL $129, ORVW10 $199, Lot B $299, PVW15 $499, etc. etc.  🤬

This was a Public Service for those with poor eyesight and can't easily read fine print.  🤣

• I like it 3

I'm old (67) and cranky.  I can't get used to the new prices.  Since I had 100 bottles, I have started drinking from the bunker.

At 67 and 100 bottles, I'm not worries about running out.

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, BourbonGuy said:

I'm old (67) and cranky.  I can't get used to the new prices.  Since I had 100 bottles, I have started drinking from the bunker.

At 67 and 100 bottles, I'm not worries about running out.

At our age (I'm much older than you are!), the phrase "Life without parole" doesn't mean much anymore.  Ever seen the 60's movie "On the Beach" with the two old guys in their wine cellar trying to figure our how long it will take for the "nuclear cloud" to get to Australia and  whick great wines to drink first?????    😂

• I like it 3

19 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

there's a couple on that list I'd consider at that price.  like maybe only a couple, or perhaps three.  things cra cra

On 1/4/2022 at 11:21 AM, PhantomLamb said:

Due to budget constraints + zen (somewhat) I'm going to pass on everything this month....

I'm there with ya.  I went crazy 2021 so have plenty to drink now.  Whiskey poor.  Just drink what I have unless something fantastic comes along.

50 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

I passed because I have plenty of this, but some good prices still out there. 
ED6F5925-807D-4280-BE67-55B132DB9655.thumb.jpeg.8b2761d23aa10fc7c36afbfdc5539dfa.jpeg

I probably would have bought a couple of each Lloyd. Well, at least the Weller. 😜  BTW, tell Buddy that Harper says hi. 🦮 🐕

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I passed because I have plenty of this, but some good prices still out there. 
ED6F5925-807D-4280-BE67-55B132DB9655.thumb.jpeg.8b2761d23aa10fc7c36afbfdc5539dfa.jpeg

Yeah, BUT it depends on where you are. I see BT at a better price BUT never see Weller anything other than once (in 3 yrs) seeing this WSR @ $200.

• I like it 1

Passed on KC12 @ $56.99 and MM101 @ UNK.  I assume the MM101 was around $34.99.  My wife told me to go for it but I have enough bourbon that I don't need to pick up every release.  I may go back and pick up a KC12 but as I told her, if I miss out, I miss out.  There is always something out there I enjoy.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I probably would have bought a couple of each Lloyd. Well, at least the Weller. 😜  BTW, tell Buddy that Harper says hi. 🦮 🐕

Biba! Joe

Buddy is doing good, he is my little helper in the afternoon working. He loves riding on the forklift with me. 
C3B397AC-2049-40FB-91E3-536457CBA530.thumb.jpeg.0caf0f1b84e07931bded89907024cd2a.jpeg

• I like it 9

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Passed on KC12 @ $56.99 and MM101 @ UNK.  I assume the MM101 was around $34.99.  My wife told me to go for it but I have enough bourbon that I don't need to pick up every release.  I may go back and pick up a KC12 but as I told her, if I miss out, I miss out.  There is always something out there I enjoy.

Zen brotha!  Ain't it sweet.

• I like it 3

On 1/15/2022 at 12:08 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

There are  "crazy' prices and there there's this:

image.thumb.png.fd8efe4305b1364d2076147207c30ce7.png

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, Kepler said:

Yeah, that store can eff off.

13 hours ago, Kepler said:

Unfortunately those are still well below secondary. CYPB goes for around $600 here and Single Barrel is around $800.😪😪

• I like it 1

Was in Poplar Bluff and going to buy a Larceny BP until he said I also had to buy something off the shelf - F that, got too much already bought and enjoy to play BS games to get the "privilege" of buying something more seasonal/limited.  That dump is now on my steadily growing list of lowlife shops I'll never set foot in again.

• I like it 3

So far, Four Gate III. I'm seeing a lot of it in my neck of the woods and at 2 bills I wanted to put the dinero else where.  On that trip to the shop I opted for the Barrell 2021 15 yr instead, so I actually ended up spending more. 🤣

Hate to be “that guy”, but Weller single barrel is the only one Im missing to complete the entire set, and after over a year of looking for one at a price to which I would actually open/drink it, I would probably just bite the bullet and chalk it up to a lot of time, gas, and headache saved on my end.  Plus my work bonus is coming…

your mileage may vary.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Not to dismiss my friend who graciously donated 100ml sample of WSB so I can do my “complete Weller line tasting”, it would still be nice to have the stupid bottle here in front of me.  I have a bit of OCD you see.

Maybe he’ll save me the empty 🤣.

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

Yeah, BUT it depends on where you are. I see BT at a better price BUT never see Weller anything other than once (in 3 yrs) seeing this WSR @ $200.

Removed - I originally thought the pic had 750s, not the 1.75s.

Edited by PJMac

5 hours ago, PowderKeg said:

Was in Poplar Bluff and going to buy a Larceny BP until he said I also had to buy something off the shelf - F that, got too much already bought and enjoy to play BS games to get the "privilege" of buying something more seasonal/limited.  That dump is now on my steadily growing list of lowlife shops I'll never set foot in again.

Or, "ok sure, give me a 50 ml bottle Fireball."

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.