What rye did you purchase/ drinking 2022

Mattk
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

48 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Surprised they even fulfilled it since it is "allocated". Isn't MSRP ~$100?  I've seen it go for $200+. Wasn't completely gone (as in mot being released at all) for 1.5 years or so? 

Paid the price they listed it at when I special ordered it, which is $76.93/bottle . Saw that one other case ( 3 bottles ) came to another liquor store, probably 1 other guy made the order. Our liquor store is odd with what they allocate and what they allow you to special order. I have been able to special order the Michter's 10 yo in the past.

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

Surprised they even fulfilled it since it is "allocated". Isn't MSRP ~$100?  I've seen it go for $200+. Wasn't completely gone (as in mot being released at all) for 1.5 years or so? 

No, the price should be in the 70s like he paid for it.

@Mano your patience paid off finally.  Great pickup -- I love those M BP ryes.

• I like it 1

Kings County Empire Rye Batch 6 followed by the Cream of Kentucky BIB Rye release. Bought both today and opened them at the store for the staff to sample. Both quite interesting in their own right— good buys. 

• I like it 3

10 hours ago, Mano said:

A case that I had special ordered about 2 years ago arrived at the Utah state liquor store today. Happy to get it for just under $80/bottle, but the wait was long. Hopefully will be worth it.

MichtersRye.jpg

I'm generally a Michter's hater but I really like their barrel strength rye.

It was time to restock and reload some regulars. I'm going to have some rittenhouse on the back porch momentarily.

IMG_20220208_163005.jpg

• I like it 8

4 hours ago, Mattk said:

It was time to restock and reload some regulars. I'm going to have some rittenhouse on the back porch momentarily.

IMG_20220208_163005.jpg

Been looking for these 750 WT ryes but so far I haven’t seen a single one in GA. I haven’t exactly put a lot of effort in either, nor will I, but casual observation has turned up zero. Its on the spring trip shopping list.

On 2/8/2022 at 4:33 PM, Mattk said:

IMG_20220208_163005.jpg

Rittenhouse is my go to for Old Fashioneds and Manhattans.  Not too bad as a sipper either!

On my second pour of Rare Breed Rye.  The jump in proof and being less rough around the edges makes it a nice complement to WTR101 Rye.  I got my bottle on sale for around $32.  I would be a buyer again at that price.  I find it comparable to Pikesville.

• I like it 3

50 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

On my second pour of Rare Breed Rye.  The jump in proof and being less rough around the edges makes it a nice complement to WTR101 Rye.  I got my bottle on sale for around $32.  I would be a buyer again at that price.  I find it comparable to Pikesville.

I get half a bottle for 32. Good call.

• I like it 1

Don’t nobody faint. I’m having of couple of pours of a rye this evening, that was a most gracious gift. It’s a 4 year old private selection Solomon Scott 97 proof Indiana Rye, finished in a Curacao barrel. The flavor belies the age. Warm spiced rye and a touch of wood on entry. It warms up quickly with more spice and ???🤔 on the mid palate. The finish is very long and warm. The Curacao barrel finish becomes evident as the finish settles down and starts to fade a little. Not bad, not bad at all. ☺️

Biba! Joe

• I like it 7

26 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Don’t nobody faint. I’m having of couple of pours of a rye this evening, that was a most gracious gift. It’s a 4 year old private selection Solomon Scott 97 proof Indiana Rye, finished in a Curacao barrel. The flavor belies the age. Warm spiced rye and a touch of wood on entry. It warms up quickly with more spice and ???🤔 on the mid palate. The finish is very long and warm. The Curacao barrel finish becomes evident as the finish settles down and starts to fade a little. Not bad, not bad at all. ☺️

Biba! Joe

Who are you and what have you done with Joe?

• I like it 5

18 minutes ago, flahute said:

Who are you and what have you done with Joe?

Muwaaaahaaaaahaaaa! 😈

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

20220212_172026.jpg

I got to sample (heavily) off a bottle my brother received for Christmas. I'm not regularly a rye guy but this was fabulous; I've been keeping my eyes out for one ever since.

• I like it 1

34 minutes ago, lemonman said:

I got to sample (heavily) off a bottle my brother received for Christmas. I'm not regularly a rye guy but this was fabulous; I've been keeping my eyes out for one ever since.

Good to know!

I had a younger iteration of Willet rye, a few years back, and it was pretty damn good.  I also remember thinking that it would be really good, with some age to it, so I couldn't pass it up.  At $64.00, I I thought it was a little pricey, (damn Willet "tax"), but  it's a chance I'm willing to take.

• I like it 1

I see this one less and less on the shelves. I figured it was time to buy. I’ve read and heard enough about it that I want to try it. At the very least it’s barrel proof and should be interesting. 

E0A73973-4124-4AFD-9095-B11AE829F452.jpeg

• I like it 2

On 2/13/2022 at 1:03 PM, MM818 said:

I see this one less and less on the shelves. I figured it was time to buy. I’ve read and heard enough about it that I want to try it. At the very least it’s barrel proof and should be interesting. 

E0A73973-4124-4AFD-9095-B11AE829F452.jpeg

I thought it was interesting and tasty making it worth it for me. There is a newer 16yo version which as I recall has a price tag that seems excessive but I haven't tried it so I can't say for sure. $250 range I think. Not going there without trying it first and that isn't likely to happen.

• I like it 1

Picked up the latest Still 630 5 Year BP Rye. I need to do a sbsbsbs of 2018, 20, 21, and 22. The 2018 release was REALLY, REALLY good. The others are decent but not up to the earlier one although I haven't tried this year yet. They actually LOWERED the price to $75 this year.  I understand there is a 10 year coming this fall.

20220214_080605.jpg

20220214_080639.jpg

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

newer 16yo version

Yes. That one was $288 out here. Barrell  has a couple products sitting on shelves with $200+ plus price tag. There are very few bottles I’ll spend that kind of money on these days. 

Edited by MM818

On 2/4/2022 at 11:18 PM, flahute said:

I'm generally a Michter's hater but I really like their barrel strength rye.

Same here. The SiBBP Rye is pretty much the only Michters bottle I’m buying these days. Although last round price jumped up to $100 . . . 

I came across a few redemption 10 year ryes still sitting on a shelf after all these years. Now they are sitting on my shelf. Good times.

IMG_20220218_135409.jpg

• I like it 4

RR Sib rye. If I’ve interpreted the date code correctly this in a 2020 bottle. It’s really fantastic so maybe it’s the same juice as MK Cornerstone.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.