What rye did you purchase/ drinking 2022

Mattk
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

28 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

🤬 Thanks Eric, I really appreciate the invite. Unfortunately the timing kinda sucks. Our grand daughters spring orchestra concert is Tuesday. 🙄

Biba! Joe

@GeeTen says there's extra beds. 😜

2 minutes ago, Clueby said:

@GeeTen says there's extra beds. 😜

Now that sounds scary.  😳

Biba! Joe

Stellum rye at a spot thats self proclaimed “beer and shots” I had been curious about this whole Barrell/Stellum thing anyway and this is the only rye they had, 5 bucks a shot ( it was in a glass and easily 3 oz.), They charge more for Jameson they told me Lol!! , OK, made for a very nice sipper.  Tomorrow night I shall try the Stellum bourbon as its one of only 2 bourbons they have, the other being Beam White label, I bet thats more $ than the Stellum!

• I like it 1

Had to buy another handle of the Bulleit 95/5 Rye this weekend.  

Just have always loved this MGP distillate in all its forms.  

My favorite rye for iced cocktails as the weather warms.  

Bring on Spring!! 

Currently have a Rittenhouse, Old Overholt BIB, and OF Rye open in the cabinet as well.  All great value sippers!  

• I like it 3

On 2/3/2022 at 7:00 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

This is a stellar MGP rye.

20220203_182903.jpg

Who makes the juice? Never heard of this bottle. 

7 hours ago, Bbstout said:

Who makes the juice? Never heard of this bottle. 

It's MGP

Picked up a rack of backups to some of my favorites I was feeling low on. Nothing earth shatteringly difficult to find. Just some solid pours. Those rendezvous are more 2017s.

20220318_164923_HDR.jpg

• I like it 5

So I couldn't resist temptation, and the rrsib is already open. It's really good. A bit on the younger sharper side for the program, but ultimately still very satisfying. Like the standard 101 was turned up to 104. Im always amazed at the variety found under this label. It is always a surprise and always a treat.

Edited by Mattk
Many spelling errors...
  • I like it 2

Some Old Forester Rye, the best thing the beach bar has on hand.  It's  really good sipper if you ask me.

20220324_114540.thumb.jpg.9a0368a6e47c6646423a9d76311b1cd2.jpg

• I like it 6

Well dang. Im down to one left... Wish I could have purchased more. This was truly a fantastic bottle. As were all that proceeded it.

20220327_184929.jpg

• I like it 5

Well apparently im the only one drinking rye lately. But recently ive gone out looking for bottles I would have assumed to be ubiquitous. Yet have often been having a bit of trouble coming up with. So when I couldn't find my wild turkey 101 rye, I decided to stock back a few other favorites while they were there in front of me.

20220402_183309_HDR.jpg

• I like it 5

On 3/24/2022 at 11:58 AM, Kepler said:

Some Old Forester Rye, the best thing the beach bar has on hand.  It's  really good sipper if you ask me.

20220324_114540.thumb.jpg.9a0368a6e47c6646423a9d76311b1cd2.jpg

What a view!  

Cheers

Old Forester BS Rye for me tonight to end a busy weekend.

• I like it 3

E8AEFCD7-CDD6-4E39-A62A-4D704F4FA2D0.jpeg
2017x3  left 2 375s..for now

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 6

I don’t drink very regularly these days but had a Sazerac/Sazerac in Nola the other day and it was very nice. Not sure who on here is from that area but I went to Superior Seafood on St.Charles in the Garden District and they have a really nice bar, great whiskey/whisky selection. 

• I like it 2

On 4/10/2022 at 6:13 PM, FasterHorses said:

E8AEFCD7-CDD6-4E39-A62A-4D704F4FA2D0.jpeg
2017x3  left 2 375s..for now

was it still 16/2 years blend then or had it changed? I can’t remember when they removed the AS from the label.

• I like it 1

On 4/14/2022 at 1:14 AM, 0895 said:

was it still 16/2 years blend then or had it changed? I can’t remember when they removed the AS from the label.

I'll check...so minimum of two years is all it says. Although if i remember correctly they removed the age statements from the bottle before the website.

20220415_192022.jpg

20220415_192007.jpg

• I like it 1

Still no wt101 rye to be found out my way. I eagerly await its return. In the meantime I purchased more backups today and the wiseman rye, which im currently sipping on now. First impression is just ok. I'll report back after revisiting it.

20220415_191043.jpg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Mattk said:

Still no wt101 rye to be found out my way. I eagerly await its return. In the meantime I purchased more backups today and the wiseman rye, which im currently sipping on now. First impression is just ok. I'll report back after revisiting it.

20220415_191043.jpg

I haven't seen JEP Rye in a while.  I always liked it.  Is it MGP sourced?

Happy Fryeday!  I opened up HW Double Rye PS .  At first blush, I like it. Very viscous, with a long finish. 

Cheers

Local retailer had a spirits sale today.  I picked up a bottle of EC Rye.  Never had it before.  I have always passed because it is normally $32,99 and I can find other rye options cheaper.  However, at $23, my curiosity got the better of me.  I was expecting a watered down version of Pikesville or RittBiB. Of all the bottles I purchased, I had the lowest expectations for this one.  Maybe I was wrong.  I believe it is much more than that and actually quite enjoy it.  

I enjoy Pikesville more but it is in class by itself for the price.  I have never been a fan of newer version of RittBiB because it seems to have a floral note.  I prefer rye to be more peppery.  

Obviously, the HH rye mashbill is more bourbon-like which helps smooth out the rough edges.  I believe I prefer EC Rye over the current EC NAS.  Kind of similar to what I am finding with WR Rye compared to WR.  While 100 proof is the sweet spot for rye, this 94 proof rye is good to me.

It is certainly more subdued than WTR101 (my normal rye), yet peppery and spicy.  I am glad I picked up a bottle and will grab another.  

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.