What rye did you purchase/ drinking 2022

Mattk
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

12 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I haven't seen JEP Rye in a while.  I always liked it.  Is it MGP sourced?

JEP rye does definitely still exist in both standard and cask strength. They discontinued the PX finished a bit ago. At the moment all still mpg. But pepper is starting to turn out their own stuff too. Which is apparently starting to be seen in the old pepper single barrel store picks sometimes, according to a local shop owner who has done an on site pick.

Edited by Mattk
  • I like it 1

Back hitting on the bottle of EC Rye tonight.  I was considering some bourbons that I have been wanting to try. But, then I looked at this open bottle and decided it would fit the bill tonight.

It certainly has.  I will certainly buy a replacement when this one is empty which might be too far down the road.  It certainly has a place in my rye rotation.  I am glad I took a chance.

• I like it 3

Had a pour of the WT101 rye last night. First bottle in a couple years and I had forgotten how good this is.

• I like it 2

Double Whistlepig 10 at the LaGuardia SkyClub on my way out of town— enjoying a mask free travel experience. 

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

Got these recently.

240CFA10-3B24-48FF-A3A0-48BD89924FCB_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.0e60f5fe4cdb6a85a56687a80df6773a.jpegEE687AD4-0A66-4AC2-B386-0015A212D5EC_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.e6b39ef388532a57dd3a42c727977f85.jpeg

Store by me has the rye as a store pick. Been wondering if I should grab one

On 4/15/2022 at 6:24 PM, Mattk said:

I'll check...so minimum of two years is all it says. Although if i remember correctly they removed the age statements from the bottle before the website.

20220415_192022.jpg

20220415_192007.jpg

Yeah i wonder what the age is. The 15,16, and 17 have been tasty and they were before they switched to HW distillate so I grab them when I see em (regardless of actual age.)

9 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

Got these recently.

240CFA10-3B24-48FF-A3A0-48BD89924FCB_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.0e60f5fe4cdb6a85a56687a80df6773a.jpegEE687AD4-0A66-4AC2-B386-0015A212D5EC_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.e6b39ef388532a57dd3a42c727977f85.jpeg

Love that Hughs Straight Rye label.  Yea, you had to grab that.

On 4/20/2022 at 4:06 PM, Marekv8 said:

Double Whistlepig 10 at the LaGuardia SkyClub on my way out of town— enjoying a mask free travel experience. 

Here here to this news!

10 hours ago, TunnelTiger said:

Still on rye buys.  Picked up and OF rye and a WTRBBF rye

OF rye is my favorite OF product bar none.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

OF rye is my favorite OF product bar none.

Do you still see it on shelves, I haven’t seen it here in Oklahoma for a couple of years. 

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Do you still see it on shelves, I haven’t seen it here in Oklahoma for a couple of years. 

Cheers

Yes.  Seems like it was harder to find for a short while at the big stores, but it's back now.

2 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Yes.  Seems like it was harder to find for a short while at the big stores, but it's back now.

Maybe, I need to invade The Lonestar State 😁

• I like it 1

MA was choke full of OF rye today. I never even noticed it was scarce. I should try it myself. 

1 minute ago, Kane said:

MA was choke full of OF rye today. I never even noticed it was scarce. I should try it myself. 

Well MA is a bit of a drive in a day, but……..😝

You definitely have to give it a go.  It is really a nice pour. I have to say though,  the profile is closer to a bourbon than a pure rye.

For under $25, it is a must purchase. In today’s whiskey world, that is hard to say any more 😟. Anyway, if you pick one up, I hope you enjoy. 

Cheers 

• I like it 1

Having brunch at one of our favorite spots. Saw they have some Four Gate bottles I have not seen, so thought I would try the rye.   Absolutely delicious. 

0DA3AF19-2E42-4DF1-8628-58642EAB8EFE.jpeg

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Cheers

Yes, saw it in three of my haunts last week.

• I like it 1

On 4/20/2022 at 2:06 PM, Marekv8 said:

Finally!

Having my first pour of JE Pepper BP (118.2). This is a fantastic spice bomb. If I can resist it needs to open up some.  Advantages of retiring is the bar is now open when I feel like it!

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.