What rye did you purchase/ drinking 2022

Mattk
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Since I have a backup bottle I decided on a glass of OF SiB BS Rye tonight while watching the season finale of Stranger Things with the wife.  Have been working on going through my open bottles lately before opening anything new, so this pour should come around again before long.

• I like it 4

17 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Ding, ding...we have a winner.  $20 OTD for WT101R is outstanding!  It is a regular in my rotation.  The funny thing is the 750 is $24.99 before tax while the 1 L is $44.99.  

Yeah that's normally what it is here too. The 1Ls seem to all be still the old lable. And the 750s are all new lable. This one however was old lable and 750. And for some reason really inexpensive. I asked if they had more but unfortunately they did not.

• I like it 1

Friends came over for the day.  Plenty of beer, bourbon, rye and rum drank.  After one beer with shrimp and St. Elmo's Cocktail Sauce, I opted for EC Rye.  I don't really like mixing a lot of beer and whiskey.  One or the other is fine.  Finishing up the evening with a final pour of EC Rye.  

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Friends came over for the day.  Plenty of beer, bourbon, rye and rum drank.  After one beer with shrimp and St. Elmo's Cocktail Sauce, I opted for EC Rye.  I don't really like mixing a lot of beer and whiskey.  One or the other is fine.  Finishing up the evening with a final pour of EC Rye.  

St. Elmo’s! 

Biba! Joe

image.png.aea422ad5e757ced848b96f3032c6bb3.png

• I like it 1

A fitting snap, crackle, and pop of fireworks rye whiskey to close out the Independence Day Weekend.  I love how WT Rye up and punches me in the nose right off the bat.  BOOM!  

311CB881-9206-44B7-92B7-8F53F7AC487E.jpeg

• I like it 8

Catoctoin Creek Premium Rye, 3x WT Cask, 375 EC rye just 'cuase they so dang sweet, George Dickel, another 5 yr MGP but forget which

• I like it 2

Opened my first bottle of SA Contradiction. It's a mighty damn fine pour.

• I like it 3

On 7/5/2022 at 11:11 PM, B.B. Babington said:

Catoctoin Creek Premium Rye, 3x WT Cask, 375 EC rye just 'cuase they so dang sweet, George Dickel, another 5 yr MGP but forget which

Well, if my count is correct, you had 7 pours?  Nice variety.

Edited by mbroo5880i

I had a couple of pours of Woodinville Bourbon which I really like.  However, I followed with a couple of pours of EC Rye which I really like better. 😃

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Well, if my count is correct, you had 7 pours?  Nice variety.

sometimes I'll stick with one flavor all night; usually prefer wide variety for "education" - but most always prefer high volume ... certainly more than my therapist recommends

• I like it 2

I had a couple of different sib michters BS pours as a side by side. Then a rare breed. Finally decided to open up an of100. Happy fryeday.

Edited by Mattk
  • I like it 2

Nice hefty pour of EC Rye to kill the bottle while watching the movie Taxi starring Queen Latifah and Jimmy Fallon on Hulu.  It also has Gisele Bundchen (yes, Mrs. Tom Brady).  It was not a highly rated movie but it is actually pretty funny.

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Nice hefty pour of EC Rye to kill the bottle while watching the movie Taxi starring Queen Latifah and Jimmy Fallon on Hulu.  It also has Gisele Bundchen (yes, Mrs. Tom Brady).  It was not a highly rated movie but it is actually pretty funny.

That was a pretty quick bottle of EC rye. Even by my standards. I hope you got yourself a couple backups.

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, Mattk said:

That was a pretty quick bottle of EC rye. Even by my standards. I hope you got yourself a couple backups.

Always! 😉

On 7/4/2022 at 9:22 PM, smokinjoe said:

A fitting snap, crackle, and pop of fireworks rye whiskey to close out the Independence Day Weekend.  I love how WT Rye up and punches me in the nose right off the bat.  BOOM!  

311CB881-9206-44B7-92B7-8F53F7AC487E.jpeg

Something about those Austin Nichols Rye bottles ...  maybe the best looking WT label ever.

• I like it 4

Picked up this pair of twins today. They are not identical as each came from a different store. I haven't seen OF Rye in the wild in quite a while. 

Not to be rude, I opened one. Much spicier and more in your face than I recalled. On the same level of smack daddy as WTR101 and KC Rye.

Me likes.

20220709_195242.jpg

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 7

30 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Picked up this pair of twins today. They are not identical as each came from a different store. I haven't seen OF Rye in the wild in quite a while. 

Not to be rude, I opened one. Much spicier and more in your face than I recalled. On the same level of smack daddy as WTR101 and KC Rye.

Me likes.

20220709_195242.jpg

Oh yeah!

42 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Oh yeah!

Oh, hell yeah. I went back for a second smack in the face.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I would have too.   Big fan of that whiskey!

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Im going to count this in the good influence column...

20220710_182412_HDR.jpg

• I like it 3

So its been a day. One of those good ones. I also scored some bigger shelves today. So now my collection will be in one spot in my house soon and seem small in its new space.

20220715_181601.jpg

• I like it 2

OF Rye 100.  A couple of solid pours while watching the Gilmore Girls on Netflix.   I have seen every episode including A Year in the Life reboot which is what I am watching now.  You can pull my man card but I like(d) this show. It was really well written.

It is funny even things said in 2016 are no longer acceptable today.  It took only 6 years for our society to become too sensitive to humor.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 3

On 7/15/2022 at 6:42 PM, Mattk said:

So its been a day. One of those good ones. I also scored some bigger shelves today. So now my collection will be in one spot in my house soon and seem small in its new space.

20220715_181601.jpg

Let us (me) know how the Sherwood rye is when you open it. I tried ordering one but it sold out in about 1 minute.

24 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

Let us (me) know how the Sherwood rye is when you open it. I tried ordering one but it sold out in about 1 minute.

So I actually had the good fortune to try all three in the set at a local brewery that keeps a very nice whiskey bar. The sherwood is extremely well balanced but has quite a short finish. Out of the 3 it is pretty well the classic mpg rye pour. Id liken it to the redemption 10 year rye. But with you know 4 more years of aging. Out of the 3 the sherwood was my favorite. The MT vernon was a bit sharp and leant towards a brighter profile. The sherbrook was my least favorite, but is still very good. It had kind of a Dr pepper and leather thing going on.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.