What rye did you purchase/ drinking 2022

Mattk
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

22 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

That is a celebratory pour for sure!  I’ve not had the pleasure of tryin the COVID THH. How is it?  I’m sure it is great. I really dig THH

Cheers

Yes it's great.  Love THH

I was expecting a little more maple influence in this and thought it might be too sweet buts it's actually pretty subtle...and really tasty!

20221030_181502.jpg

• I like it 3

On 10/30/2022 at 6:57 PM, Clueby said:

I was expecting a little more maple influence in this and thought it might be too sweet buts it's actually pretty subtle...and really tasty!

20221030_181502.jpg

The perfect fall sipper!

They actually do it right.  No flavoring or sugar added.  Just aged rye finished in an ex maple syrup, ex bourbon barrel.

This was the first year they released a cask strength version.

Also, nice to see you over on the rye side for a change 😁

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

9 hours ago, 0895 said:

The perfect fall sipper!

They actually do it right.  No flavoring or sugar added.  Just aged rye finished in an ex maple syrup, ex bourbon barrel.

This was the first year they released a cask strength version.

Also, nice to see you over on the rye side for a change 😁

Does the back label indicate the maple barrel finishing?  I don’t see it on the front.

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Does the back label indicate the maple barrel finishing?  I don’t see it on the front.

From their website:

THIS IS THE CASK STRENGTH VERSION!

RallyPoint Maple Sunset is an extremely rare and limited-edition spirit that begins as our flagship Rye Whiskey and then carefully finished with notes of bourbon and beautiful maple syrup.

Other people may add flavoring to achieve the desired result. But that’s not our style. This unique spirit was born the hard way, with time leading to full maturation. The story of this spirit is as much about the barrel itself as the RallyPoint Rye Whiskey that went into it.

The SPIRIT-
This whiskey started life being distilled twice, then aging in a charred American Oak barrel from right here in Missouri. At this point, it was well on its way to becoming another standout Single Barrel of our RallyPoint Rye Whiskey. We intentionally select a barrel that has special traits and ideal flavors to compliment the finishing barrel. But this particular spirit is destined for something more…

The FINISHING BARREL-
This special barrel we use to add delicious flavors and nuance to our RallyPoint changes from batch to batch. However, we use one of our own old bourbon barrels that were used a second time to age actual maple syrup. When it is emptied after this second fill, we fill it with a hand-picked barrel of mature RallyPoint. Time alone dictates the length of maturation in the finishing barrel. It’s not ready until all the flavors achieve harmony and complement each other!

Tasting Notes: Maple, holiday spices, and toasted oak on the nose. The initial taste is a bold showing of our traditional RallyPoint Rye Whiskey: big rye spice, oak, and caramel. But as it rolls off the back of your tongue and the big whiskey essence recedes, delicate traces of nutty bourbon and a soft maple syrup creaminess linger. This is a rye whiskey WITH bourbon and maple syrup notes, NOT a maple-flavored whiskey!  

Thanks.  I saw that too, on their website.  Does it mention the “finishing” on the labels anywhere?

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Thanks.  I saw that too, on their website.  Does it mention the “finishing” on the labels anywhere?

I feel like putting maple sunset in big script letters on the front of the bottle at least implies finished whiskey.

• I like it 3

50 minutes ago, Mattk said:

I feel like putting maple sunset in big script letters on the front of the bottle at least implies finished whiskey.

The label could also imply that pieces of the St. Louis Arch are in the whiskey, too…😁

5 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

The regular 90p versions of Maple Sunset  have all that info on the paper label(s).  

This was a special release (cask strength), thus the engraved bottle.  Nobody bought it on accident.

• I like it 1

42 minutes ago, 0895 said:

The regular 90p versions of Maple Sunset  have all that info on the paper label(s).  

This was a special release (cask strength), thus the engraved bottle.  Nobody bought it on accident.

Great.  You know obviously, so does this release state maple barrel finished anywhere on the bottle?

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

It looks like it is sold out.  Based on the description, the cask strength version sounds interesting.  

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Great.  You know obviously, so does this release state maple barrel finished anywhere on the bottle?

I think that label fell off.

Probably weak adhesive.

A few weeks ago I packed up all my open WP bottles and went by a local Liquor store to let everyone have a taste. Really nice line up. 
ADF06D2F-11EE-400F-9E1C-657A32053415.thumb.jpeg.2117162ec0e995cb28ca17f6757f7b39.jpeg

• I like it 4

8 hours ago, LCWoody said:

A few weeks ago I packed up all my open WP bottles and went by a local Liquor store to let everyone have a taste. Really nice line up. 
ADF06D2F-11EE-400F-9E1C-657A32053415.thumb.jpeg.2117162ec0e995cb28ca17f6757f7b39.jpeg

I was going to post. But right on brother. I'll post tomorrow. Today you are the man!

• I like it 2

18 hours ago, 0895 said:

I think that label fell off.

Probably weak adhesive.

Just asking a simple question.  But, if the label fell off and is lost, I understand.  Do you think you remember what that label said?  

12 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Nice! 

Biba! Joe

image.gif.e249501bea8c3b2972eff3ab48e39aeb.gif

• I like it 1

Yesterday i grabbed a backup for my new riff balboa rye, and a malted 6 year just because they were on the shelf. Today I am drinking a local sp wilderness trail rye. It's pretty fantastic.

20221104_143228_HDR.jpg

• I like it 1

In baseball, if something works, you stick with it.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Pregame pour of Whistlepig 10yr+ store pick in my glass before game 6.

Go Astros   🌠⚾🥃

• I like it 2

Not much left in this one. But I'm only having a single pour after a very nice Saturday. I figured why not make it a good one.

20221105_213348.jpg

• I like it 5

21 hours ago, Mattk said:

Not much left in this one. But I'm only having a single pour after a very nice Saturday. I figured why not make it a good one.

20221105_213348.jpg

A day late but I will join you.  Our bottles seem to be in the same condition.  Cheers! 🥃

• I like it 1

On 11/6/2022 at 8:09 PM, markandrex said:

On to a pour of 2019 THH.  

What do you think of that one?

I'm a big fan of THH, but I never got to try that release.

Some of the reviews say its a bit weird-off the usual profile, but I don't always put merit into what reviewers say.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.