A toast to my father

b1gcountry
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My dad taught me that being a man didn't mean being macho or mean or heartless, but being responsible and being there for your family when they need you. To my dad!

7/6/45 to 1/14/22

received_619923662635149.thumb.jpeg.77b8ba6f5e59ba961047320e8bc81264.jpeg

16422167765854217124950747742013.jpg

• I like it 26

So very sorry for your loss. A pour of my 2021 Weller Blend is in my glass as a tribute to your father.

Joe

I'm very sorry for your loss. Your Dad really sounded like an excellent father and an example for us all.  I raise my glass to him, to your family & you

Pulling out the good stuff I see.  That particular barrel is definitely something special to celebrate his life with.  Probably the best SAOS I’ve ever tasted.

Cheers to your father !

10 hours ago, 0895 said:

Pulling out the good stuff I see.  That particular barrel is definitely something special to celebrate his life with.  Probably the best SAOS I’ve ever tasted.

Cheers to your father !

Yeah! If I ever meet Sarah, I am giving her a huge hug!

• I like it 2

Sorry for your loss.

I know all too well how painful it is.

Will have a drink of SAOS in his honor. 

• I like it 1

I tap into my best bottle, only for special occasions. At this time, my best is a RR13...

I can think of no special occasion any more prevalent than the honor of a Father. Salute!!!

20220115_151436.thumb.jpg.f7262636fddfec1ea9a34d0e56bd6c7e.jpg

Peace & Strength to You & Your Family... 

• I like it 4

Sorry for your loss.  Sounds like you picked your parents well.  I willll have some Blanton's in his honor a little later.  Right now,  I am having a sip of Old Tub to celebrate the email I just got ( that I was  Covid positive as of this past Thursday).  

Whaddaygonnado?

• I like it 1

@b1gcountry sorry about your loss.  I wish you many fond memories.  I know I think of my father, actually step-father, often.  He raised me from when I was 2 years old.

My dad's been gone for 3 years now, and I still think of him every day.   A toast to you and your father,  and the values he helped to instill.  

My friend that I started drinking bourbon with passed away just before Christmas and I have raised MANY glasses to him since.  Tonight, I will raise a glass of W12 to your father.  I am sorry for your loss 

• I like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

The loss of your father, or any loved one for that matter is like a hole in the tapestry of your life. My father died when I was a young man  and I still miss him to this day nearly 50 year later. My brother reminded me that yesterday was our parents wedding anniversary, so while you were toasting your dad, we were doing the same. Requiescat In Pace.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.