Nobody goes there anymore... it's too crowded!

Thomm
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My lovely wife took this photo of the parking lot at Buffalo Trace this morning at 9:30 (half hour before the gift shop opened).  We were in the area, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to see for myself. What you can't see is the entire line, as it forms an L shape back at the fence line.  I know it's Saturday, but WOW!  I don't know how many bottles of Colonel Taylor's small batch they put out, but I can guess it wasn't enough for this crowd. 

Gonna have to wait for a good time to visit and tour so I can buy a Blanton's, Weller, or EHT. No biggie, really. I can always pour a regular Buffalo Trace and pretend. 

Screenshot_20220219-174107.jpg

• I like it 3

Insanity. The fact that while I like those bourbons, but do not need them, and will expend no energy or time chasing them while I continue to enjoy WT101 and OF100 with no hassle is more of a sign than ever that I am approaching bourbon zen.

• I like it 11

Definitely going to go in the middle of the week if we are back that way and will go on a tour.  I would like to visit Old Forester, too, as I am quickly developing a special relationship with the 1897 BIB.  As for the BT products, I would like to try Blanton's, EHT, and/or Weller, but I also have no interest in paying idiot prices for them.  I can wait.  

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Insanity. The fact that while I like those bourbons, but do not need them, and will expend no energy or time chasing them while I continue to enjoy WT101 and OF100 with no hassle is more of a sing then ever that I am approaching bourbon zen.

On a side note, because OF100 was mentioned, I now have even more research to tackle.  Gotta get some of this and see if it will satisfy me after having the 1897.  Are they similar?  Do all the OF products have that distinctive banana in the flavor profile?  I know, I know.  Slow down and enjoy the ride.

I bet those lines would disappear if they suspended liquor sales at the gift shop. They could also make tours mandatory in order to buy bottles. IIRC, you have to make a reservation for their tours nowadays. Heck, I have bottles that I need to pick up there, but I don’t really want to fight that crowd.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

• 4 weeks later...

Guessing most were only there for the bottle of the day. We just went This week and got EHT smB. Also did a tour but most didn’t. Most tours are booked in advance. They had enough bottles for everyone and don’t think they sold out until after lunch. 

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.