What Foreign Whiskey/Whisky Are You Drinking 2022

BigRich
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Per the OHLQ website, Talisker 10 is available for $36, down from $70.  Looks like it is being discontinued in Ohio.  It's in stock in plenty of places.

Was at my neighbor's house last night having dinner and afterwards he poured me a Glenmorangie 14yr Port Cask Finish and I have to say that is some really tasty whiskey.

• I like it 5

A couple of Aussie pours on the weekend for Fathers Day Downunder.... Starward (New) Old Fashioned pre-batched Old Fashioned Cocktail, and an Archie Rose Chocolate and Fig Manhattan pre-batched cocktail.  Both superb in their own right, using Australian malted whiskey.  

https://starward.com.au/collections/bottled-cocktails/products/new-old-fashioned

https://archierose.com.au/shop/search/?search=fig

• I like it 5

• 2 weeks later...

I got an Port Askaig 100 proof as a gift. This is wonderful stuff! Just mellow and thick like honey, delicious. Almost no heat! This is the first high proof stuff that doesn't leave any burning sensation of any kind in my mouth! Not that I don't like it, I just noticed. 

• I like it 3

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, beasled said:

How is it?

I found it to be okay.  Very light and fruity.   I've been an early and rabbid supporter of Compass Box over the years.  But the new products rolled out in the last five years I've liked less and less with each new one.  Now I pretty much just getting the periodic Flaming Heart releases. 

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, BigRich said:

I found it to be okay.  Very light and fruity.   I've been an early and rabbid supporter of Compass Box over the years.  But the new products rolled out in the last five years I've liked less and less with each new one.  Now I pretty much just getting the periodic Flaming Heart releases. 

Not had much of theirs myself, the prices seem to escalate quickly. I enjoyed the Spice Tree.

On 9/25/2022 at 7:09 AM, Sven Heuchert said:

I got an Port Askaig 100 proof as a gift. This is wonderful stuff! Just mellow and thick like honey, delicious. Almost no heat! This is the first high proof stuff that doesn't leave any burning sensation of any kind in my mouth! Not that I don't like it, I just noticed. 

Our son gifted me a bottle of the 110 proof.

I am an Islay whiskey whore and I've never heard of it. I was a tad skeptical as the provenance of what's in the bottle isn't clear, but I was pleasantly surprised. 

It's quite good.

20221018_162900.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311

10 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Our son gifted me a bottle of the 110 proof.

I am an Islay whiskey whore and I've never heard of it. I was a tad skeptical as the provenance of what's in the bottle isn't clear, but I was pleasantly surprised. 

It's quite good.

20221018_162900.jpg

Well, my bottle is have empty already! It is good stuff for sure. Always nice to get such a good gift. 

• I like it 3

On 10/18/2022 at 8:57 AM, beasled said:

How is it?

not bad at all. as has being said its fruity.

an easy sipper for sure. 

• I like it 1

On 10/18/2022 at 3:57 AM, beasled said:

How is it?

Orchard House was a nice summertime dram for me, on the rocks out on the deck barbecuing. Fit the bill nicely for that. Not one for a deep, contemplative drinking session IMO.

Tonight, doing an Offerman kind of night. SBSBS of the three Offerman releases. Bottom line, if you like Lagavulin, I think these are all great releases. And the new Charred Oak is very good. Might have been my favorite tonight in a hasty blind tasting.

FD9A3CEC-D36E-43DD-B748-704CB1A437A6.jpeg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, jeffrey r said:

Orchard House was a nice summertime dram for me, on the rocks out on the deck barbecuing. Fit the bill nicely for that. Not one for a deep, contemplative drinking session IMO.

Tonight, doing an Offerman kind of night. SBSBS of the three Offerman releases. Bottom line, if you like Lagavulin, I think these are all great releases. And the new Charred Oak is very good. Might have been my favorite tonight in a hasty blind tasting.

FD9A3CEC-D36E-43DD-B748-704CB1A437A6.jpeg

Nice!

I have the one in the middle, but haven't opened it yet.

How do you like the Guinness finished whiskey?

41 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Nice!

I have the one in the middle, but haven't opened it yet.

How do you like the Guinness finished whiskey?

Excellent. True Lagavulin, peaty and maritime, but a lot going on with the cask finish. Great stuff.

• I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...

This Irish Gal is going with an Irish Whiskey tonight. There is a lot happening on the taste buds with this one. 

IMG_20221105_204112.jpg

IMG_20221105_204258.jpg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.