What Foreign Whiskey/Whisky Are You Drinking 2022

BigRich
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 10/21/2022 at 8:25 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

20221021_200742.jpg

My wife’s favorite neat or ice only sipper.  Hence, we have a small stash ALWAYS on hand.

Tonight for me, Bushmills 10 yr. single malt.  Squire mentioned it months ago.  I really like it.  Productive day in the mid-Atlantic as it was 80 degrees and sunny.  Shampooed a section of tv room rug to remove iced tea spill, did three loads of laundry, and am watching Tenn @ Georgia which is my second TV game today.  Great way to close out the day, this Bushmills is.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

My wife’s favorite neat or ice only sipper.  Hence, we have a small stash ALWAYS on hand.

Tonight for me, Bushmills 10 yr. single malt.  Squire mentioned it months ago.  I really like it.  Productive day in the mid-Atlantic as it was 80 degrees and sunny.  Shampooed a section of tv room rug to remove iced tea spill, did three loads of laundry, and am watching Tenn @ Georgia which is my second TV game today.  Great way to close out the day, this Bushmills is.

She's a wise woman.

That's it!  Screw it! This is week is shit and I'm done with it.  I've headed out to the patio to pout with an Ashton ESG perfecto and some Batch 012 Laphroaig Cask Strength.  The whisky matches the dreary pre-hurricane weather we are having today in Atlanta. 

• I like it 3

17 minutes ago, BigRich said:

That's it!  Screw it! This is week is shit and I'm done with it.  I've headed out to the patio to pout with an Ashton ESG perfecto and some Batch 012 Laphroaig Cask Strength.  The whisky matches the dreary pre-hurricane weather we are having today in Atlanta. 

🥃  enjoy. Here's to better days ahead! 

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

Laphroaig 10 year, as I contemplate what just happened at the Washington Whatevers game.

A tie.

Sheesh!

20221204_180216.jpg

• I like it 3

Cool, dark, misty, and heavy fog today here Down South.  So, going Irish.  2019 Midleton Very Rare is just what is needed. The silkiness of this whiskey is lovely.  While I love many Irish whiskies, most carry over a vegetal note that can be heavy at times.  This is a signature note that I really enjoy in Irish whiskies, but this Midleton polishes it up so nicely.  Irish at another level.  

9622957B-9834-4FD7-BAFA-6E6891F81FAD.jpeg

• I like it 4

A rare foray into one of the few non-Islay whiskeys in my bunker.

I think that this was gifted to me.  

20221210_164206.jpg

• I like it 3

My buddy, based now in the states, gifted me this decanter a few years back, and since then at Christmas I'll decant a bottle to be enjoyed by myself and guests over 'the holidays'. 

This year I've gone for Longrow. Cheers!

20221217_202013.jpg

• I like it 4

On 12/10/2022 at 4:49 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

A rare foray into one of the few non-Islay whiskeys in my bunker.

I think that this was gifted to me.  

20221210_164206.jpg

Not much of a scotch drinker but I was recently in London recently and had a pour of this in a pub.  Loved it.  Makes me want to dabble more in the scotch world.  

• I like it 2

opened this last night. really enjoyed it so decided to try another on this Christmas eve.

happy holidays everyone.

IMG20221224182831.jpg

• I like it 2

Christmas Eve family dinner was over.  My job post-food included putting the garbage bag on the front porch in hopes that the local animals leave it alone AND doing ALL the dishes.  After everyone else had left or gone upstairs and after hand washing the last pot, wine glass, and over-sized serving dish, I started the dishwasher and grabbed a StraightBourbon Glencairn and poured myself less than two ounces of a close-to-Dusty Murray Hill Club, batch 18. Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

Got up this AM at 6 ET anticipating the rise of a three year old grandniece.  I was right on time to keep her from attacking the presents.  No animals attacked my garbage bags on the front porch either.  Great Xmas morn.

Celebrating with sips from some Xmas gifts - a really young Maryland Whiskey Co., Rockville, Maryland, single cask 90 proof whiskey (with lots of promise - excellent mash bill - grain of course BUT caramel notes, chewy mouthfeel, slight pepper even in something so young) AND some Cedar Ridge (Swisher, Iowa) BIB RYE batch 2 bottle 2469.  The CR is from relatives who attended U of Iowa and asked over Labor Day if I’d like to try some. DUH!!!

I’d buy this CR BIB if I saw it locally.  Good mouthfeel, plenty of pepper laying on top of caramel and Allspice, crisp if short finish which leaves NO aftertaste.  It calls to me — CLASSIC siren song.  Good news is I don’t have to drive anyplace today  except to the alley to deposit those garbage bags on the front porch.  I’ll do that after all the relatives leave and my wife and I eat a two rib standing rib by ourselves. Hahahahahahaha.

Happy holidays, you all.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.