What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today? (Spring 2022)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A little while back, @fishnbowljoe was showing off his whiskey aging gift set, and I mentioned I had the same set.

In late January, I threw some of the chocolate wood chips into 375ml of some young MGP bourbon (Hotel Tango Ready to drink) that I was gifted.

I was ok on its own, but getting pretty good now after 5 months.

Like an MGP version of Woodford double oak with hints of chocolate.

Probably a bit heavy for some, but I like oaky bourbons.

(side pic to show color more accurately)

330A1F0B-30C9-4DD5-A57E-34D21CF8528E.jpeg

C0808D39-695A-463D-8414-BB1A3697E480.jpeg

• I like it 3

13 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Thanks-- it's an original MARX set from 1965. We had some kids over on Friday night and hauled down some vintage toys to get them off their gadgets. The Red Rocker and Blue Bomber never fail to please.

Very cool.

I just returned home from vacation.  We went to Turkey Run State Park, then on to Terre Haute and St. Mary Of The Woods College.  Outside Turkey Run, at a gas station that has a great restaurant (seriously, local farm sourced meat and so on, cooked to order) some guys asked about the hamburger.  They were told it takes around 15 minutes.  They couldn't wait.  As they left I noticed they got into a delivery truck with a Buffalo Trace bottle graphic on the side.

My wife, son, and I got our food and went to the park, and had a great lunch in the wilderness.  Then we went hiking.  As we made our way to the creek, I could hear people.  We approached the suspension bridge.  There were a couple high school girls in bikinis getting the courage to jump off.  They did.  It was sort of scary because the creek isn't that deep.  After the park, we drove to Terre Haute, and checked into our hotel.  We visited numerous sites of interest around Terre Haute, and had Sunday brunch at the Woods.  Best Father's Day ever for me.

Went back to my old days and broke out the J.W. Dant after no booze for several days.   

• I like it 7

16 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Thanks-- it's an original MARX set from 1965. We had some kids over on Friday night and hauled down some vintage toys to get them off their gadgets. The Red Rocker and Blue Bomber never fail to please.

Love it so much.

Post dinner glass of Remus Reserve V.  

image.jpg

Edited by markandrex
Added photo
  • I like it 6

Victory Cigar.  My school went to 3-0 in the college world series today and advanced to the finals.  Boomer sooner

JMCB #9

20220622_191013.jpg

• I like it 10

A store pick from back when they used to do those, a 4Rsb OBSV 100p, they picked a winner as most were back in the day.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Victory Cigar.  My school went to 3-0 in the college world series today and advanced to the finals.  Boomer sooner

JMCB #9

20220622_191013.jpg

Helluva nice pour!

Sooner born, Sooner bred. 

• I like it 2

40 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Helluva nice pour!

Sooner born, Sooner bred. 

And when I die, I'll be Sooner dead

🥃

• I like it 1

A ps BT this evening. It’s a pretty good one. 🦬

Biba! Joe

• I like it 6

Sipping a Leopold Bros. BIB.   5 years old,  it has a chocolate/pumpernickel thing going.   Reminds me of Driftless Glen. 

• I like it 1

EH Taylor Small Batch earlier, finishing the night off with a small pour of Larceny BP

Image.thumb.jpeg.b4be4762180d6dda53c0813991f02ada.jpeg

• I like it 4

I was finally able to try the JD 10 year at a bar last night.  Very nice whiskey.  As with other whiskeys that a distinctive characteristic from their yeast or water (Beam peanuts, Dickel vitamins, etc) I found that the extra age muted the banana nuance in this Jack Daniels.  Would I buy one?  Sure.  Would I hunt for one?  No. Would I pay over msrp for one?  Most definitely not. 

Curiosity satisfied.  Box checked. Moving on.

• I like it 7

6 hours ago, BigRich said:

Curiosity satisfied.  Box checked. Moving on.

And that’s the name of that tune. 👍

Biba! Joe

A nice pour of MM101 to end the week. I'm thinking cask strength MM46 is on deck.

• I like it 3

OF100 after playing some basketball. Enjoying its medicinal-flavored goodness.

• I like it 1

I blended equal parts EC SmB 94 proof and ECBP B522 at 121 proof a few days ago. About 107 prrof now, smooth, I kinda like it.

• I like it 2

AAA, sitting out by the pool.  I need to pull this out more often.  

• I like it 2

Old Cavalier tonight.  Not bad for a VA Bourbon with a 10yr age and only 86 proof.

However @ $100 a bottle and it's been unattainable for a year I don't know I'd buy.  This was given to me for Christmas.

20220624_202328.thumb.jpg.3e337e787d0b8f954e8b96acd9433494.jpg

Edited by Bourbon Scout
  • I like it 1

June 24th and summer has finally arrived in Seattle. Now I know that most of y'all are giving me the watchyoutalkinaboutwillis look because you've been in summer for 1 month or more. We've been stuck in a deep extended La Nina weather pattern which resulted in record cold and wet months of April, May, and June.

However today we finally reached the high 70's and this weekend will hit the high 80's.

As a result, I had my FIRST freezer bourbon pour of the year and it was OF 86 and oh my god how glorious this bourbon is out of the freezer.

Eternal thanks to my brother @smokinjoe for suggesting this one!

• I like it 7

After 3 hrs cutting the lawn and in between alternating dropping in the 104* hot tub and 77* pool, sipped some MM46 CS on the patio while trying to coax a fire out of some wet wood in the Solo Stove. I lost that battle.

• I like it 4

Some TWS out of the fridge. I like to pretend it's HHBIB. 

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

After 3 hrs cutting the lawn and in between alternating dropping in the 104* hot tub and 77* pool, sipped some MM46 CS on the patio while trying to coax a fire out of some wet wood in the Solo Stove. I lost that battle.

I think here in Memphis my pool is 104*. Unfortunately we don't have a hot tub. ☹️

Been on a WT kick for the past week and feeling pretty cocky about it. :) 

• I like it 1

Dickel BIB and the late afternoon breeze off the ocean.  Life's not too ruff, says Baxie.20220625_182538.thumb.jpg.3f39c0924f40f0417ae27bafa718905d.jpg

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.