BT barrel pick from warehouse H?

JT3NSB
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was able to pick up two bottles of Buffalo Trace that are a barrel pick from Warehouse H. I was surprised to see that on the label. I didn't think anything besides Blanton's came out of Warehouse H.   Has anyone here seen that before?  

I have not seen that before....but I did get an Eagle Rare store pick that came from a barrel that had Mash bill #2 stamped on it.

I have heard of others who have seen the same thing. Confusing to say the least since Ancient Age owns MB2 and Sazaerc MB1 .

How can they put AA distillate into a Sazerac bottle? But then again BT puts their wheated MB in Van Winkle bottles! 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

I was able to pick up two bottles of Buffalo Trace that are a barrel pick from Warehouse H. I was surprised to see that on the label. I didn't think anything besides Blanton's came out of Warehouse H.   Has anyone here seen that before?  

I’m not surprised.  I don’t know the barrel capacity of H, but I doubt whatever is put in it for Blanton’s would come anywhere close to taking up all of it.  So, safe to believe that other labels could come from there.  

• I like it 2

I recall a discussion a while back, where Steve (flahute) confirmed that on at least several occasions mash bill #2 barrels were used for Eagle Rare.

The explanation had to do with taste profile.  Maybe a particular barrel ended up not matching the standard mash bill #2 brands.

• I like it 2

19 hours ago, PaulO said:

I recall a discussion a while back, where Steve (flahute) confirmed that on at least several occasions mash bill #2 barrels were used for Eagle Rare.

The explanation had to do with taste profile.  Maybe a particular barrel ended up not matching the standard mash bill #2 brands.

That is correct - happened on one of the ER picks with my local and I know of others.

I can't recall who said this, but Blanton's is supposed to come from the middle or center of the warehouse.  So that, if true, would mean other stuff aged not in the middle.

Not 100% sure here, but I seem to remember hearing or reading that Blanton’s was aged on the “middle floors” of Warehouse H. Maybe someone else can confirm or deny. 😐

Biba! Joe

This barrel says it lived in Rick 29, Floor 3, Warehouse H.   At first pass, it’s a very different flavor profile from other BT SBs I’ve had. 

3 hours ago, PaulO said:

I can't recall who said this, but Blanton's is supposed to come from the middle or center of the warehouse.  So that, if true, would mean other stuff aged not in the middle.

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Not 100% sure here, but I seem to remember hearing or reading that Blanton’s was aged on the “middle floors” of Warehouse H. Maybe someone else can confirm or deny. 😐

Biba! Joe

I recall the same. Something like the center of warehouse H was where Albert Blanton thought the best barrels came from. May be just marketing, but I’d like to believe there is some truth to that one.

I have a stagg jr pick that is Mash #1 that was aged in warehouse H. It is entirely possible and they do more than mash #2 in warehouse H.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.