No bartender required: premixed Jack and Coke going on sale

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

We've had Jack Daniels and 'Cola'  in cans available here for quite a while now. 

Screenshot_20220614_081918.jpg

• I like it 1

The RTDs as they are called are a large and fast growing part of the alcohol business. Tax and regulatory issues have been and are being relaxed, which has spurred this on. Not something I drink, but if this gives the big bourbon companies a place to dump their lower quality whiskey at a good margin, maybe they won’t water down the quality of their bourbons as much. :) It also gives them money to fund increased bourbon production which might alleviate shortages of desired brands.

I can see why this is a wholly necessary product....     

...Given that JD is so difficult to source, and soda (especially Coke) is so uncommon, and that pouring the two (Count 'em!) ingredients would be such a challenge for the average person (not to mention who the hell knows the proportions!), and who has all the equipment and skill needed to combine two entirely different substances (well, not entirely, I guess; both are liquids ...but only if they're above freezing temperatures... HEY! there's another challenge!), and two things IN THE SAME CONTAINER...Don't get me started!

I rest my case.     ...And, my typing finger.

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

I can see why this is a wholly necessary product....     

...Given that JD is so difficult to source, and soda (especially Coke) is so uncommon, and that pouring the two (Count 'em!) ingredients would be such a challenge for the average person (not to mention who the hell knows the proportions!), and who has all the equipment and skill needed to combine two entirely different substances (well, not entirely, I guess; both are liquids ...but only if they're above freezing temperatures... HEY! there's another challenge!), and two things IN THE SAME CONTAINER...Don't get me started!

I rest my case.     ...And, my typing finger.

On one hand…

- 5% ABV = nowhere near what a bartender would/should mix.

On the other…

-If I’m sittin’ in a chair on the beach, soaking up the Sun, my feet in the water…I ain’t interested in mixing anything.  So, if I might like this concoction, I’d be tickled to reach onto my cooler and pop that top!  😁

• I like it 1

Yeah, convenience it has... if not much else, IMHO.   I'll be skipping it for the foreseeable.

10 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Yeah, convenience it has... if not much else, IMHO.   I'll be skipping it for the foreseeable.

I’d wager that convenience is the entire point of it.  Thus the category: Ready To Drink (RTD).

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.