What will your “go to” be when and if the boom ever ends.

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Joe, it may have come out wrong.

I meant to imply that there are a lot of bourbon boomers (a pun on the thread title)

around (people newly into bourbon because it’s the In thing),

many of whom will probably disappear when the bourbon boom fades, only to chase the next new thing.

Anyway, it was funny in my head 🤓

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 2

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Joe, it may have come out wrong.

I meant to imply that there are a lot of bourbon boomers (a pun on the thread title)

around (people newly into bourbon because it’s the In thing),

many of whom will probably disappear when the bourbon boom fades, only to chase the next new thing.

Anyway, it was funny in my head 🤓

It didn’t come out wrong Eric. The devil (😈) on my left shoulder won out over the angel (😇) on my right shoulder. Thus I was compelled to give you a ration of 💩. Dayum! Am I starting to sound like @GeeTen? 🤣

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

When the boom ends and everything goes back to how it was before, my go to will be: HH 6 year BIB, Old Fitz BIB, VSOF 12, EC 12, OWA 7 year, W 12, Centennial, ETL 107, WT 12, and many others.

All at pre boom prices too, just sitting on the shelf. 🤣

• I like it 2

23 minutes ago, PaulO said:

When the boom ends and everything goes back to how it was before, my go to will be: HH 6 year BIB, Old Fitz BIB, VSOF 12, EC 12, OWA 7 year, W 12, Centennial, ETL 107, WT 12, and many others.

image.gif.d5eedbb1e07bc25487171ade4d6b7ab9.gif

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

On 7/21/2022 at 4:06 PM, PaulO said:

You had me at EC12.  I miss this so much.

Ooh, EC12.   I'm changing my vote to this.  In fact, think I'll have a pour right now.

• I like it 3

About a year ago I stumbled on  little liquor store with 3 old bottles of EC 12-yr Small Batch mixed in with the current stuff.  They came home with me.  First taste was like drinking current EC SB with a Werther's caramel in my mouth.

• I like it 4

Not sure if you guys are paying much attention to the commodities to make the stuff. Gonna be a massive shortage of grains and corn just an fyi.  Prices could easily double and triple from here.

• I like it 1

Been watching this for years and absorbing information. 2012 was a horrible drought and that’s part of the problem with aged bourbon. We are farmers in southern Indiana that supply Beam with close to 300k bushels of corn every year. This year isn’t close to as bad as then so far. 

• I like it 3

38 minutes ago, JBarnes33 said:

Not sure if you guys are paying much attention to the commodities to make the stuff. Gonna be a massive shortage of grains and corn just an fyi.  Prices could easily double and triple from here.

Maybe. Many distilleries have been getting their grains from the same domestic sources year after year. They probably have long term contracts in place. Grain shortages from overseas are probably not much to worry about right now. In the coming years??? A bigger problem might be the continuing crazy 🤬 weather. In the past, flooding and drought, amongst other things have impacted the crops here. 

Biba! Joe

Also grew up with the good stuff on eye level on the shelf. Shouldn’t be a shorted of BTAC/ Buffalo trace 70 miles away!

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, Remocap said:

Been watching this for years and absorbing information. 2012 was a horrible drought and that’s part of the problem with aged bourbon. We are farmers in southern Indiana that supply Beam with close to 300k bushels of corn every year. This year isn’t close to as bad as then so far. 

Speak of the proverbial devil. :o Nice timing. I just posted about distilleries having on going contracts with domestic grain producers. Thanks. 👍

Biba! Joe

4 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Maybe. Many distilleries have been getting their grains from the same domestic sources year after year. They probably have long term contracts in place. Grain shortages from overseas are probably not much to worry about right now. In the coming years??? A bigger problem might be the continuing crazy 🤬 weather. In the past, flooding and drought, amongst other things have impacted the crops here. 

Biba! Joe

Doesnt BT grow their own?

Also a  Weller fan from years back. Had to get my sons living in Texas to mule back my local favorites. 

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, FasterHorses said:

Doesnt BT grow their own?

Some of it for sure. I’m not sure how many acres of “the farm” is being used for corn or other crops. I will say that I think that thirty warehouses probably takes up a lot of the ≈300 acres.

Biba! Joe

Until a few years ago, most of the corn for bourbon came from southern Indiana. Prices went up and the horse pastures turned into corn fields. Kentucky Proud 

4 minutes ago, Remocap said:

Until a few years ago, most of the corn for bourbon came from southern Indiana. Prices went up and the horse pastures turned into corn fields. Kentucky Proud 

7 minutes ago, Remocap said:

Makers 

Hmmmmmm.🤔 For their corn or red winter wheat? 

Biba! Joe

1 minute ago, Remocap said:

Most of Makers wheat is grown around their facility by one fam

Okay. Then it must be the corn they get from Indiana. Or at least they used to. You mentioned you supplied Beam with corn. Does that include MM since they are owned by Beam Suntory? Not being a jerk. I honestly would like to know. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

On 7/21/2022 at 6:44 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

I’ll probably keep on doing what I’m doing now. Enjoy mid-shelters, and hope to fill in here in there with something special. 

Biba! Joe

Couldn't agree more Joe... though the difference in our Australian market to your US market means what I consider mid-shelf would be very different to you... or it may be the same, with my prices significantly inflated :)

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, camduncan said:

Couldn't agree more Joe... though the difference in our Australian market to your US market means what I consider mid-shelf would be very different to you... or it may be the same, with my prices significantly inflated :)

Cam! Long time no see. How have you been? 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.