The Whiskey World’s Ridiculous New Trend Is Aging Rye and Bourbon on Moving Trains and Boats

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

FWIW, I once "aged" an Old Fashioned in a Gondola in Venice, Italy while taking a tour of the Grand Canal.    Jeeeeez, I wish I'd saved that (though it was well-enjoyed at the time)!    It might be worth some real cheddar now, eh?

Hopefully this pushes taters over the edge and they can ignore the stuff aging in boring old rickhouses :).

• I like it 6

I seem to remember also hearing about Brad Paisley having barrels of whiskey driving around aging on his tour rigs, then being sold for many times more than they were worth.  As a wise man said years ago (debated who actually said it), there's a sucker born every minute....

Some one kindly gifted me a bottle of Jefferson's Ocean Aged at Sea. While there's nothing wrong with it, IMO it's not worth any more than many $20-30 bottles available everywhere; glad I didn't pay for it!

• I like it 2

They should try strapping a few barrels to a rollercoaster at Six Flags, if jiggling about a bit is the desired result.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, beasled said:

They should try strapping a few barrels to a rollercoaster at Six Flags, if jiggling about a bit is the desired result.

Or to one of the SpaceX missions.  "Space-aged whiskey", I can see it now...

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

That's been done I think! 

2 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

HA!   Yeah, "Weightless Whiskey"... has  nice alliterative ring to it eh?

On 8/10/2022 at 12:45 PM, beasled said:

That's been done I think! 

Some variation of Ardbeg I think.  The Galileo?

3 hours ago, BigRich said:

Some variation of Ardbeg I think.  The Galileo?

That's it, I couldn't remember👍

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.