OAGD 107?

Thomm
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I hate to throw away what I consider one of the sexiest bourbon bottles around, so I thought I might repurpose it with a somewhat pedestrian and uninspired blending experiment. Equal amounts of OGD BIB and OGD 114 remained in their respective bottles, so I put pencil to paper and computated that the amalgam might produce a spicier and wheatless alternative to Weller OA107 (hence, Old Antique Grand-Dad 107).  

A funnel was procured. The Old Forester bottle shuddered and shrieked like a Bertone-made Fiat at the thought of housing something so foreign to its elegant demeanor.  At last the bright orange concoction settled into its new, transparent dwelling. Naked to the world, its candy corn hue a blaring siren to all onlookers, Old Antique Grand-Dad had arrived!

How does it taste?  I haven't tried it yet.  Probably a lot like Old Grand-Dad. Morning glories seem to like it, so it can't be all that bad. 

IMG_20220814_183616.jpg

• I like it 5

9 hours ago, Thomm said:

I hate to throw away what I consider one of the sexiest bourbon bottles around, so I thought I might repurpose it with a somewhat pedestrian and uninspired blending experiment. Equal amounts of OGD BIB and OGD 114 remained in their respective bottles, so I put pencil to paper and computated that the amalgam might produce a spicier and wheatless alternative to Weller OA107 (hence, Old Antique Grand-Dad 107).  

A funnel was procured. The Old Forester bottle shuddered and shrieked like a Bertone-made Fiat at the thought of housing something so foreign to its elegant demeanor.  At last the bright orange concoction settled into its new, transparent dwelling. Naked to the world, its candy corn hue a blaring siren to all onlookers, Old Antique Grand-Dad had arrived!

How does it taste?  I haven't tried it yet.  Probably a lot like Old Grand-Dad. Morning glories seem to like it, so it can't be all that bad. 

IMG_20220814_183616.jpg

"Hey - maybe we'll let @Harry in WashDC try it! first  He loves anything in OGD!"   😜

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.