Is Aging Whisky Bad for the Environment? Scotland Just Commissioned a Study to Find Out.

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, flahute said:

This is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time.

And, there is certainly a plethora of VERY DUMB stuph out there in reader land!   

My personal opinion?   EVERYTHING humanity does is by some measure or other "bad for the environment".   Planet Earth is INFESTED ...with . . . people!   ...And, that is not gonna change anytime soon... I hope.

And, solving that issue wouldn't be good for us, and maybe not that swingin' for the planet.   Who can foretell what planned, or unintended, or unexpected boon(s) will result from the actions of people (especially distillers and agers of spirits. HA!)?

Good, bad, or indifferent, I find sprits related articles (or they find me) and post them here. I gotta admit, this one had me scratching my head.  :blink:

Biba! Joe

Reminds me of the articles a few years ago about all that black mold growing on the rick houses and drifting into neighboring areas.  If one wants to play "what about . . ." and "the downside is . . .", there's always pig farms, goat and sheep pastures, cow crepitations, and poop runoff from all three to complain about.  Lately here, it's been airport noise on the rise.  Allegedly.  (Sigh.)

• I like it 1

I’m on a neighborhood blog here. Some good, some bad, a lot of nonsense. There’s a business here called Fire Department Coffee. It is veteran owned and run by veterans and firefighters. The place where they roast their coffee is near a neighborhood. We have one lady on the blog that has posted more than once complaining about the terrible smell when they are roasting their coffee. I like my bourbon. I like the smell of my bourbon. I like the smell of a distillery and rickhouses. I like my coffee. I like the smell of my coffee. (I love going down the coffee aisle at the grocery store.) I just might have to take a short ride to smell the coffee roasting. 🤪

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Complaining about the 'terrible smell of coffee roasting'...?   WOW!    Roasting coffee is among THE MOST Pleasant aromas I can think of!   Some folx will bitch about anything, I guess.

23 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Complaining about the 'terrible smell of coffee roasting'...?   WOW!    Roasting coffee is among THE MOST Pleasant aromas I can think of!   Some folx will bitch about anything, I guess.

I got a wild hair up my butt, so we drove by there on our way to the grocery store today. FWIW, before I retired, I drove by there every day on my way to and from work. 🙄 They were closed today, but there were faint smells of smoke and coffee in the air. 😯

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.