Quality House label looks like the old Heaven Hill label

Dannabis
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Saw this at Bardstown Wine and Spirits. Didn't purchase it as I have no info on it but it was in a spot with a shelf tag which was labelled Heaven Hill.

"Quality House bourbon"

Did Heaven Hill turn the Heaven Hill Label in to a premium brand? I mean the 6 year always had high demand and a nasty bartender at the tasting room confirmed to me that Green Label 6 year Heaven Hill is now allocated and she said it mostly goes out to restaurants and bars.

Any one have the dirt or low down on this quality house label?

20220828_163955.jpg

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Dannabis said:

Saw this at Bardstown Wine and Spirits. Didn't purchase it as I have no info on it but it was in a spot with a shelf tag which was labelled Heaven Hill.

"Quality House bourbon"

Did Heaven Hill turn the Heaven Hill Label in to a premium brand? I mean the 6 year always had high demand and a nasty bartender at the tasting room confirmed to me that Green Label 6 year Heaven Hill is now allocated and she said it mostly goes out to restaurants and bars.

Any one have the dirt or low down on this quality house label?

20220828_163955.jpg

It's Heaven Hill and I think only 3yrs old.

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, flahute said:

Doesn’t it have to be 4 yrs old for the BIB designation?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

3 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

I don’t see a bib label on the QH and it is only 80 proof not the required 100.  I believe flahute is correct in his comment.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, flahute said:

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

I don’t see a bib label on the QH and it is only 80 proof not the required 100.  I believe flahute is correct in his comment.

Well, I have to admit I was looking at the wrong picture. I apologize. My bad. It’s hell getting old. 😏

Now about that other bottle. 😏 The closet liquor store to my house is around a mile away. Unfortunately, they don’t have much on the shelf anymore that I find desirable. I stop there just for sh**s and giggles once a year or so. I was there once a long time ago, and saw a bottle similar to the one in the first picture. It was from HH, and was a blended bourbon/whiskey, something along the lines of 60% GNS and 40% bourbon (?). This was probably the fastest I ever put a bottle back on the shelf. 😂

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

Thank you for the info and the link!

I guess I will keep QH in mind if I need bourbon for mixing or complete newbs. And if EW BIB is not available / affordable

14 minutes ago, Dannabis said:

Thank you for the info and the link!

I guess I will keep QH in mind if I need bourbon for mixing or complete newbs. And if EW BIB is not available / affordable

C'mon D, surely you can find a a BIB in a comparable price range. 😉 

Seeing the two pictures you posted, it seems almost misleading. The HH with similar labebeling is 100 proof 4 year old. I wonder how many people confused the two and thought WTF I used to like this stuff. 🤔

• I like it 2

7 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Seeing the two pictures you posted, it seems almost misleading. The HH with similar labebeling is 100 proof 4 year old. I wonder how many people confused the two and thought WTF I used to like this stuff. 🤔

Definitely deceptive.  Caveat Emptor!

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

The visual similarity made me reach to buy it but reading the label talked me down.

You are right there though, I love my bonded bourbon.🤘

Edited by Dannabis

I too did a double take the first time I saw these on a shelf.

Same thing when I saw another product "Jeffer's Creek" - at a distance, looks like OWA.

• I like it 2

A year or two before the six year bottled in bond version of Heaven Hill white label was discontinued, I bought a bottle that looked extremely similar to this one, but it did carry the Heaven Hill brand on it. It was "aged thirty-six months" and 80 proof. The bourbon was also quite poor. A nearby control county's website suggests they still carry a four year (per the website product description) version of the product, but the picture is pretty low quality and such descriptions are often wrong on things like age statements.

It looks to me like they want the Heaven Hill brand removed from bottom shelf products and that the new seven year bottled in bond (and its attendant price point) may be the new floor for Heaven Hill branded products. It makes sense that the product named after your distillery probably shouldn't contain 80 proof, not so great bourbon. So I wouldn't be surprised if "Heaven Hill" is removed from all of these kinds of products moving forward and they are all just "Quality House." The Heaven Hill Heritage Collection was introduced this year, but it will be interesting to see hat else they do with the distillery's name sake brand. The HHHC and HH BiB 7yr are the only two that warrant listings on the distillery's product webpage.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.