Covid nose

Fitfarms
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After having Covid 1 1/2 ago my pallet and nose is not the same. I lost sense of smell and taste but when it came back things aren’t the same as before. Has anyone else noticed this. I can smell and taste but some things are just off

Mine was off for about a week or two after I recovered.   Just took a little time to come around.

My sense of smell has been altered since 2020.  Taste was off for about six months but bacon tasted better than ever. 

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

My sense of smell has been altered since 2020.  Taste was off for about six months but bacon tasted better than ever. 

Bacon makes everything better! 🥓

• I like it 4

This has happened to a lot of people and can take a little bit or a lot of time to get it all back. The brain needs to remake the connections that were there.

2nd bout my taste was diminished  

for a few weeks.

Just got over my 3rd, and mildest, bout of Covid, earlier this week, with no apparent affect on my taste buds.

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

2nd bout my taste was diminished  

for a few weeks.

Just got over my 3rd, and mildest, bout of Covid, earlier this week, with no apparent affect on my taste buds.

3 bouts? You are a wily veteran now.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, flahute said:

3 bouts? You are a wily veteran now.

Yup!

1st time was in early 2020, before it was a "thing" and it hammered me.

2nd time was last year, and it got me pretty good...that's when the loss of smell and taste got me

The last round was a week ago, and it was more like a bad cold.

The kicker is that I was vaxed, including a booster, before Vegas.  You'd think that I would have all kinds of antibodies going on.

Go figure 😅

I asked my wife about this.  She said it's common when people are infected.  They did have a patient where this continued after they were no longer positive.  With covid, it's a relatively new disease as far as what is known.

22 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Yup!

1st time was in early 2020, before it was a "thing" and it hammered me.

2nd time was last year, and it got me pretty good...that's when the loss of smell and taste got me

The last round was a week ago, and it was more like a bad cold.

The kicker is that I was vaxed, including a booster, before Vegas.  You'd think that I would have all kinds of antibodies going on.

Go figure 😅

Sometimes a vaccine does not cause an individual to produce antibodies.  It depends on how a person's immune system reacts or not.

Or you could have been exposed to different strains of the virus, or maybe just a lot of it.

• I like it 2

7 minutes ago, PaulO said:

I asked my wife about this.  She said it's common when people are infected.  They did have a patient where this continued after they were no longer positive.  With covid, it's a relatively new disease as far as what is known.

Sometimes a vaccine does not cause an individual to produce antibodies.  It depends on how a person's immune system reacts or not.

Or you could have been exposed to different strains of the virus, or maybe just a lot of it.

Makes sense to me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.