I Hit the Lottery!

Davesnothere
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The state of Alabama has monthly allocation drops, usually the third Saturday of every month which we enjoy attending, but this thread is about the yearly allocation lottery. This is the yearly release that has the Pappys and other highly allocated spirits.

We're still new to the bourbon community and this was our first time entering the yearly lottery. My wife and oldest son also entered but mine was the only name to be drawn.

I'm number 86 so I expect the most desirable bottles to be gone by the time my number is called, but you never know. 

I really don't have anything else to say right now, the list of available bottles should be released next week and the allocation day is December 10.

I'm pretty psyched! I'll report what  I was able to snag.

https://alabcboard.gov/stores/events/productsweepstakes

I'll post some pics of what I was able to pickup in the last couple of monthly allocation drops in the What Bourbon did you purchase Fall 2022.

• I like it 9

Good luck! Also one of the rules here is that newbies have to send everyone else a sample. 🤪

Edited by mal00768
  • I like it 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well today was the day.

I was pleasantly surprised at the selection that was left by the time it was my turn to enter the store.  

Apparently 22 people in front of me didn't show so moved up from 86 to 64..

These are my Tier 4 selections. You could pick two of each label.

20221210_123910.jpg

20221210_124025.jpg

Edited by Davesnothere
spelling
  • I like it 11

These are my Tier 1 and tier two selections. You could on pick one bottle from Tier one. I chose the Old Rip from what was left. All the Pappy's, Michter's 20's, and George T. Staggs were gone.

You could pick two different bottles from Tier 2. Tier 2 was the hardest decision I've had to make in a long time. There were so many great bottles to choose from.

All in all it was a good day.

And the best part is since it's run by the state all bottles were MSRP.

20221210_122807.jpg

• I like it 13

I’ll go ahead and ask.. What kind of magnificent lottery is this where you win 20 bottles? I may consider moving. 

• I like it 4

On 12/11/2022 at 2:47 PM, FasterHorses said:

I’ll go ahead and ask.. What kind of magnificent lottery is this where you win 20 bottles? I may consider moving. 

Unfortunately you only win the Golden Ticket for a chance to spend far too much money.😄

20221210_080414.jpg

but you were able to purchase multiples of other tiers also, correct?

Do you mind me asking what city store #53 is in? 

7 hours ago, steven s said:

but you were able to purchase multiples of other tiers also, correct?

Do you mind me asking what city store #53 is in? 

Yes, correct. one from tier one, two  from tier two, one of each label from tier three, and two of each label from tier four.

Store 53 is in Madison, about a 20 minute drive for me.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.