Happy Birthday Jimmy!

Thomm
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just learned it's Jimmy Russell's 88th birthday today. What's everyone doing to celebrate?  I thought I might open this a little later. 

IMG_20221120_173316.jpg

• I like it 5

Legend. Pure legend. One of my favorite Jimmy memories was from a KBA event where we went skeet shooting with Eddie while Jimmy sat in the shade of a tent. After I finished shooting I sat next to him and asked a question. I don't even remember what I asked. What I do remember is that my question turned into him talking about the old days for about 30 minutes. Absolutely incredible. I wish I had recorded it.

I will pour a RR13 tonight in his honor.

• I like it 6

14 minutes ago, flahute said:

Legend. Pure legend. One of my favorite Jimmy memories was from a KBA event where we went skeet shooting with Eddie while Jimmy sat in the shade of a tent. After I finished shooting I sat next to him and asked a question. I don't even remember what I asked. What I do remember is that my question turned into him talking about the old days for about 30 minutes. Absolutely incredible. I wish I had recorded it.

I will pour a RR13 tonight in his honor.

Bourbon King.  Just mentioning your name and Jimmy will roll into a story.  "I remember skeet shooting one time and Steve sat down next to me..."

Actually, a pretty cool story.  

• I like it 4

3 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Bourbon King.  Just mentioning your name and Jimmy will roll into a story.  "I remember skeet shooting one time and Steve sat down next to me..."

Actually, a pretty cool story.  

LOL!

• I like it 3

Well, it is "a little later."  16 oz NY strip for dinner, and  a healthy pour of this exceptional bourbon is sitting right next to me.  Leave it to Jimmy to be the gift giver on his own birthday. 

• I like it 2

I'm glad I logged in tonight before calling it a day.  To see that today was Jimmy's birthday.  Just in time to raise a glass, even if it is a nightcap.

I figured I couldn't do much better than good ole WT101 8yr.  To Jimmy.

20221120_224912.jpg

• I like it 7

Several years ago, I had been mowing grass all day long on one of those hot and humid summer days.  When I got done, I had a few errands to run, and just happened to drop by a liquor store on a lark.  On the door was a sign about a tasting.  I realized that date was today.  A couple minutes later Jimmie and Eddie were pouring me samples of the different MK expressions - surreal. 

• I like it 7

10 hours ago, PaulO said:

Several years ago, I had been mowing grass all day long on one of those hot and humid summer days.  When I got done, I had a few errands to run, and just happened to drop by a liquor store on a lark.  On the door was a sign about a tasting.  I realized that date was today.  A couple minutes later Jimmie and Eddie were pouring me samples of the different MK expressions - surreal. 

So good!

6 minutes ago, steven s said:

what did you think of that bottle?

I like it.  It’s very similar to the old distillers reserve and diamond anniversary.

Very delicate bourbon.  Lots of oak and dark fruits.  Not for the proof hounds so to speak.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.