What rye are you drinking/ purchased 2023

Mattk

Had a bit of Sazerac earlier, now enjoying a finished rye from Sagamore. I can recommend the Sagamore. Happy FRyeDay

Cheers

• I like it 4

17 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Had a bit of Sazerac earlier, now enjoying a finished rye from Sagamore. I can recommend the Sagamore. Happy FRyeDay

Cheers

Which finish? We are spoiled for choice over here and there is no way I can grab them all. Seems like they are putting out a new one every other week.

• I like it 1

WTR101.  Nice spicy underrated rye.  $22.  Yes, please.  Totally different than the other rye in my rotation, OF100.  Prefer WTR101 but OF100 is good too.  I am still waiting for Pikesville to show up again.

• I like it 5

Just cracked open this NR Balboa Rye. Super fruity rye with some floral notes. Has a sweet (but not overdone) finish with a little citrus zing. Kinda like a lemon honey drop.  Delicious!20230108_194654.thumb.jpg.cf8309df15506356ccb4247a429bf22e.jpg

• I like it 7

A friend of mine from way back stopped by today. We had sone drinks. So here are sone repeat bottles. Bit I had them tonight.

20230110_171402.jpg

Edited by Mattk
Autocorrect is super bad tonight. I'll just leave this as is though
  • I like it 2

On 1/8/2023 at 9:06 PM, Clueby said:

Just cracked open this NR Balboa Rye. Super fruity rye with some floral notes. Has a sweet (but not overdone) finish with a little citrus zing. Kinda like a lemon honey drop.  Delicious!20230108_194654.thumb.jpg.cf8309df15506356ccb4247a429bf22e.jpg

NICE!! That fruit note is what got me when I tasted the Balboa years ago and I loved it,  immediately I was on the hunt for a bottle. I really like NR, haven't heard as much about them lately with the flood of new labels hitting the shelves but they are one of the "new" distilleries that I put right up there with my legacy favorites.

• I like it 1

On 1/7/2023 at 12:36 AM, Wedelstaedt said:

Cheers

Are they still sourcing MGP or is their own in house distillate getting bottled these days?

Chattanooga Rye 99 tonight, after a couple pours of their Chattanooga 111 and BiB bourbons.  It's a Chattanooga kind of night for me.

• I like it 4

On 1/11/2023 at 11:53 AM, kcgumbohead said:

Are they still sourcing MGP or is their own in house distillate getting bottled these days?

I have only the one bottle, it is from Indiana, likely MGP

Cheers

On 1/7/2023 at 5:28 PM, Mattk said:

Which finish? We are spoiled for choice over here and there is no way I can grab them all. Seems like they are putting out a new one every other week.

This bottle is Sherry finished, a “Reserve Series “ bottle 

Cheers 

• I like it 1

27 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Chattanooga Rye 99 tonight, after a couple pours of their Chattanooga 111 and BiB bourbons.  It's a Chattanooga kind of night for me.

Riding the Chattanooga Choo-choo 😉

• I like it 4

Happy FRyeday.  Earlier had a PS of HW Double Rye, now Sagamore Sherry finished. Both are very nice, I give the edge to the Sagamore. 

Cheers 

• I like it 2

Pikesville was opened and tried tonight in a blind SBS with Knob Creek Rye. This was my first time trying Pikesville, purchased because it seems to have many followers here. I like what I'm tasting. You guys give good advice. I shall save the KC for Manhattans and the Pikesville for neat enjoyment. 

• I like it 2

On 1/18/2023 at 10:22 PM, Thomm said:

Pikesville was opened and tried tonight in a blind SBS with Knob Creek Rye. This was my first time trying Pikesville, purchased because it seems to have many followers here. I like what I'm tasting. You guys give good advice. I shall save the KC for Manhattans and the Pikesville for neat enjoyment. 

Great choice.

It has been my favorite "available" rye up until it wasn't available for the past year.  I expect/hope we will begin seeing it all the time on shelves moving forward.

This along with my favorite "budget" ryes Old Forester 100, WT101R and Rittenhouse give us a great core of affordable rye whiskies to choose from.

• I like it 2

Haven't seen this one in a while.

This is one of my favorites. My "desert island" rye.😎

$51.00

They had 3 bottles, but I only bought one. Almost bought two, but I figured that I'd leave them for someone else to enjoy.  I'm sure that, by the time we finish it, it'll start showing up on the shelves again.

20230120_113733.jpg

• I like it 6