SBS ECBP A123 & ECBP C922

CaptTim
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My first impressions,  Keep in mind I have no where near the experience or the palate that most of you have.

The nose of the 922 is fruity with some oak and leather

123, I pickup some sweet tobacco and the same oak, with touch of the leather as well,   both of the bottles had great nose.

With the  922 I get the taste of Oak and brown sugar and maybe that nutty KC first impression.

now with the 123 many of the same notes but they are harder to find.  Not near the same feel.

Also the 123 has a drier feel on the tongue.  I like the 922 much better here for its thicker and rich mouthfeel.

I like both of these pours but if I could only pick one it would be the 922.

I also tried them both with a few drops of water too.  No much change,   however this was deeper and later into the tasting too.  

• I like it 7

4 hours ago, CaptTim said:

My first impressions,  Keep in mind I have no where near the experience or the palate that most of you have.

123, I pickup some sweet tobacco and the same oak, with touch of the leather as well,   both of the bottles had great nose.

With the  922 I get the taste of Oak and brown sugar and maybe that nutty KC first impression.

now with the 123 many of the same notes but they are harder to find.  Not near the same feel.

Also the 123 has a drier feel on the tongue.  I like the 922 much better here for its thicker and rich mouthfeel.

I also tried them both with a few drops of water too.  No much change,   however this was deeper and later into the tasting too.  

I appreciate the post.  Given how, umm, nuts I'd gone on buying in the last 12 months (no regrets, still working my way through it all, developing a palate, etc.), I've gotten more selective.  Well, that and I have a much better idea of what I like than I did a scant year ago.  

I loaded up on C922 (I liked it quite a lot, though I've not yet had a ECBP I did not like) and some private barrels.  I'll likely get one A123 just to compare but otherwise go easy unless I go Cuckoo for Coco Puffs on it.

Thanks again for the notes & feedback!

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, CaptTim said:

Quick question. Was the C922 freshly opened as was the A123?

Tried the C922 tonight and really liked it. One of the better batches in a while. I just picked up a bottle a couple weeks ago that I haven't opened yet. 

• I like it 2

18 hours ago, CaptTim said:

Good tasting notes -- thanks for posting this and keeping those of us that haven't tried these yet informed.

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, Grady330 said:

Quick question. Was the C922 freshly opened as was the A123?

Both were opened for the evening pour.   I though I had a C922 open,  but it was a Larceny C922.  

4 minutes ago, CaptTim said:

Both were opened for the evening pour.   I though I had a C922 open,  but it was a Larceny C922.  

Thanks for clarifying. Let us know when you do a second tasting. 

ECBP C922 was also one of the few batches I thought improved (pretty significantly) with a little water, even though it's relatively low proof.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.