What Bourbon Are You Drinking Spring 2023

PaulO

For the start of Spring Break I opened and poured some Maker's Mark 101.  Don't tell the taters.  This stuff is good.  🥃😉

I'm so not worried about unicorns.  🦄

• I like it 10

7 minutes ago, PaulO said:

For the start of Spring Break I opened and poured some Maker's Mark 101.  Don't tell the taters.  This stuff is good.  🥃😉

I'm so not worried about unicorns.  🦄

Good choice! 

I had the same pour earlier. Can't go wrong with MM101.

Working on some Woodinville right now. This one is a cherry cola bomb!20230324_232320.thumb.jpg.90c97bbdf1e681848cdb20f4b1fce8db.jpg

• I like it 6

5CCA86D0-D979-4660-B358-324401D9F7A7.thumb.jpeg.49ad86c0ec9c098cabeb87adf8208274.jpegA little help as i get through hand washing some dishes.  Does anyone really do that anymore or am i showing my age? 

• I like it 6

8.5 yr RR warehouse A 4th floor pick that tastes like EC18. Needs some ice to tame the wood but it’s good. 

• I like it 5

It's a grey day in Ocean City,  but the air is still and the surf choppy.   Perfect for a walkabout and I ran into this dude guarding a beach house.

Baxter and I are out on the deck,  the latter with a glass of JD Single Barrel Select.   This is grey day bourbon, all vanilla and ash.

20230325_173133.jpg

20230325_184136_HDR.jpg

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 7

2 hours ago, ThomasGazelle said:

5CCA86D0-D979-4660-B358-324401D9F7A7.thumb.jpeg.49ad86c0ec9c098cabeb87adf8208274.jpegA little help as i get through hand washing some dishes.  Does anyone really do that anymore or am i showing my age? 

It's my job and I don't put 'em in a dishwasher either.

• I like it 3

21 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Good choice! 

Working on some Woodinville right now. This one is a cherry cola bomb!

21 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Good choice! 

Working on some Woodinville right now. This one is a cherry cola bomb!20230324_232320.thumb.jpg.90c97bbdf1e681848cdb20f4b1fce8db.jpg

I have had only one private selection barrel proof.  Big Red in Indy.  It was a little expensive for a cheap bastard but I did get it at 20% off, so around $64.   It was stellar.  I like the regular 90 proof.  I have also had the port finish.  I would love it if they would release a BIB for $30.  😀

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, ThomasGazelle said:

I fill the dishwasher and then hand wash anything I can't get fit in the dishwasher.  I don't like leaving dirty dishes for the next day.  I also pre-rinse dishes before I put them in the dishwasher.  People tell me I am an odd MF for doing that.  I tell them that is not the only thing that makes me an odd MF.  So, I guess I take that as a compliment. 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

It's a grey day in Ocean City,  but the air is still and the surf choppy.   Perfect for a walkabout and I ran into this dude guarding a beach house.

Baxter and I are out on the deck,  the latter with a glass of JD Single Barrel Select.   This is grey day bourbon, all vanilla and ash.

20230325_173133.jpg

20230325_184136_HDR.jpg

That dude doesn't look so tough.  You and Baxter could probably take him. 

Of course, love not war.  You could just sit and have a pour with him.  Since he has stone lips, you might just sit and drink with him and have chat.  Tell him things could be worse.  He could be a gargoyle. 

• I like it 3

I have been posting nonsensical ...ish all night so obviously I have only been drinking Diet Coke.  

OK, I have had 3 smallish pours of WT101.  I don't believe I will have a 4th unless...

No, I really won't.  I have to get up early to finish a paint job.

Meanwhile, @GeeTen has probably robbed his vault of pours that the common man can only dream off.  

• I like it 3

Took one for the team tonight and got that dreaded neck pour out of the way. Please pardon the inconsistency between beverage and glassware. I just love these Four Roses roly polys. 

IMG_20230325_210116.jpg

• I like it 7

6 hours ago, MM818 said:

MM Cask Strength after a fabulous Italian meal. These bottles are great value. 

7E7C68F0-82D2-4EE6-8524-2B0DF229659A.jpeg

Indeed, great value for money! And at least it is available

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I have been posting nonsensical ...ish all night so obviously I have only been drinking Diet Coke.  

OK, I have had 3 smallish pours of WT101.  I don't believe I will have a 4th unless...

No, I really won't.  I have to get up early to finish a paint job.

Meanwhile, @GeeTen has probably robbed his vault of pours that the common man can only dream off.  

Nah - just enjoyed a L&K pick of MMPS for Firefly's BBQ in Marlboro, MA with a takeout order of a rack of ribs St. Louis cut, Memphis-style BBQ sauce, green beans, and mashed potatoes w/gravy.   Yummo!   😋

• I like it 7

14 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Nah - just enjoyed a L&K pick of MMPS for Firefly's BBQ in Marlboro, MA with a takeout order of a rack of ribs St. Louis cut, Memphis-style BBQ sauce, green beans, and mashed potatoes w/gravy.   Yummo!   😋

That does sound delicious!    I'm curious whether folks prefer pairing Memphis or KC-style barbeque with a wheater.     I can't recall ever trying  it -  I tend to eat BBQ with rye mash bourbons and or Kentucky-style ryes.    A Bookers to sip along with an ice cold bottle of water to swig strikes me as just about ideal.

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Jazzhead said:

A Bookers to sip along with an ice cold bottle of water to swig strikes me as just about ideal.

That does sound ideal.  Gonna try it.

• I like it 2

OF 1920. My youngest brother is getting married in a few hours then we’re stuffing ourselves with bbq in proper southern fashion.

• I like it 9

5 hours ago, GeeTen said:

The baby backs are my favorite item with the Beezelbar sauce. Side of Mac cheese, baked beans, cucumber salad, and L&K Four Roses barrel pick.

Edited by mal00768
  • I like it 8

5 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

That does sound delicious!    I'm curious whether folks prefer pairing Memphis or KC-style barbeque with a wheater.     I can't recall ever trying  it -  I tend to eat BBQ with rye mash bourbons and or Kentucky-style ryes.    A Bookers to sip along with an ice cold bottle of water to swig strikes me as just about ideal.

I prefer sweet tea, or beer and a generous pour of whatever my palate is feeling, after I eat BBQ.

I want to like whiskey with a meal but, (with the exception of a nice steak), I don't. 

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 1

An oldie but goodie.  A little hot but still delicious.  It's the first time I've fired up the Hasty-Bake since Covid.  Took a little WD40 to get the coal bed moving but I think there's still life in it.  Looking at Argentine chorizo and morcilla for dinner.

IMG_0770.thumb.jpg.164a4f6b708a29d3c236c4ba9b3bf51d.jpg

Edited by scratchline
  • I like it 6

Last pour of the day.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it😄

Edit:  there seems to be a lot of negativity for Jeptha Creed bourbon . Not sure why. I guess  it's one of those  "you like what you like" kind of things. I like it😉

20230326_185748.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 2

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Last pour of the day.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it😄

Edit:  there seems to be a lot of negativity for Jeptha Creed bourbon . Not sure why. I guess  it's one of those  "you like what you like" kind of things. I like it😉

20230326_185748.jpg

One of these days... I think I've passed this place 20 to 30 times on my way to South Carolina and never stopped.

That's it!  Resolved!  This year's July trip we shall stop and, at the very least, buy a bottle or two. 

• I like it 1