Blanche de Brooklyn

Bob
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Lucky for me, I noticed yesterday that my local distributor has Blanche de Brooklyn available. This is brewed by Garret Oliver at Brooklyn brewery, and is only available on tap. My distributor usually has 4 brews on tap. So, I grabbed a growler of this beer. I really enjoy this style, which is a Belgian style white beer. As I've noted elsewhere, this style was (is) the type that Celis white, which was one of my favorite all time beers. In addition to the malt and wheat, coriander seeds and curacao orange peel is added to this style and which contributes greatly to the flavors of this style. Anyway, I'd never had the Bklyn white before, but I was hoping that it would be good. I was not disappointed. This beer is comparable to Celis White IMHO. It is that good! bowdown.gif Upon pouring there is a beautiful creamy, thick head of foam. Upon smelling, there is the typical lemon fruit aroma. It is a pale yellow color. And the taste is superb...again, there's the clean, fruity flavors. For those folks who don't like hops (which I do enjoy), hops are not evident in the aroma or flavor of this beer. It is also a very smooth, easy drinking beer. I always think of this style as being very thirst quenching and refreshing. I must have been thirsty, because I totally enjoyed this beer. I highly recommend that you try it if you come across this at your local pub, or distributor! toast.gif

Happy 4th of July everyone! usflag.gif

Bob

You're not kidding Bob, that was one helluva great Belgian style white beer. Thanks for bringing it as well as all those other brews! When I get home I'll post a pic of it poured as long as it came out halfway decent. We all had a great time last night sampling ALOT of different brews! toast.gif As for the Blanche De Brooklyn, there isn't much else I can say about it that Bob has not already covered... Yeah, it was as good as he said. drink.gifyum.gif

A pitcher or bucket of beer. In the pre-1920 days parents would send their kids to the tavern to fetch beer for dinner and enjoined them to "rush the growler" to keep it cold and the CO2 in. Likely another old English term preserved (I am guessing) in aspic in odd corners of America..

Gary

Bob's growler (one of many styles of growler he has) from the Blue Point Brewing Company out on Long Island and a poured glass of Brooklyn de Blanche. Sorry for the poor picture quality.

post-87-14489811545544_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.