The Book

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My copy is duly ordered but I left off the inscription. I hope to have something witty and charming added at Bourbon Fest when I see our esteemed author. toast.gif

The "Eagle" is about to land in my mailbox any day now grin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Ohhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhhh grin.gifgrin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

Chuck,

Just ordered your book. Thanks for the discount. I will leave the inscription up to you.

Mike Veach

Just ordered your book. Can't wait to get it.

Thanks for the SB discount.

I have hundreds of bar (booze) books... some of them are only about bourbon.

I read the table of contents of your new book and, I can say, confidently, that your book will be unique. I greatly appreciate that! bowdown.gif

Thanks for your time and effort, for all of us. toast.gif

Chuck,

Like the other posters, just ordered a copy of your book. Thanks for your insights here on the Straightbourbon.com boards...definitely helped a bourbon newbie appreciate bourbon more and more

I'll leave he inscription up to you, and I look forward to reading it.

John

I add (as I have privately) my kudos to Chuck for a superb accomplishment. I look forward to buying my copy in B'town where I can dictate my inscription. smile.gif

We are fortunate here, too, that Chuck has shared his knowledge liberally on these boards. So has Mike Veach, another maven of American whiskey.

As Bob Seger sang, "I raise my whiskey glass and give 'em a toast".

Gary

I, too, left the inscription space blank, but I hope you'll go ahead and inscribe it in your own words. Or at least autograph it, so that it will be worth lots when you're famous (more famous?)!! bowdown.gifgrin.gif

Unfortunately, Musher, your copy was sent before you posted this message, so I didn't sign it. If you're coming to Bourbon Fest, bring it and I'll happily sign it there. For everybody else, please indicate your wishes on the order form. I can't necessarily match up something posted here on the board to an order I'm processing, not reliably anyway, and I don't want anyone to be disappointed.

Also, the order form requires you to list your name the way it appears on your credit card, but maybe you want me to sign it to "Bob" instead of "Robert." That's the kind of thing I need to know. The order form has both an "inscription" space and a "special instructions" space, so please use one of them to tell me what you want.

If you think of something you want after the order has been sent, Private Message me.

C'est la vie. I wish I could make it to the festival, but I know I can't.

I figured the inscription space was if I wanted something specific written. Most other times I've bought books directly from the author, they usually sign it, so I guess I was just assuming. But you know what they say happens when you assume . . . smirk.gif

Perhaps we'll cross paths some day, and I'll bug you for an autograph then.

Anyway, thanks for writing it!

If it's any consolation, I have a really bad signature.

grin.gif

I'll note that, but I'm sure that any consolation I need will come from the satisfaction of reading the book itself. (and, of course, something in hand to sip while reading!)

I will be picking one up at the festival. It will be a pleasure meeting you. I assume you will be the one in a tuxedo! wink.gif

I think I'll pick mine up at the festival as well. Right now I am trying to finish some Hemmingway, and I'm sure I would just forget about that once "The Book" came in the mail. lol.gif

Faulkner was a big bourbon drinker, Jeff -- try him instead of Hemingway. The first movement of "The Sound and the Fury" will drive you to drink. After a couple rounds, it'll start to make sense. Pretty to think so, anyway. (How's that for mixing my allusions?)

It sure seems quiet here tonight. I'm guessing a lot of you are doing what I am . . . Reading the book! grin.gif

(I got my copy in the mail today!)

Just pulled mine from the mailbox and was delighted to find a bonus. A matching bookmark. It might not seem like much to most, but I am always scrounging for bookmarks and end up using one of those subscription cards that rain out of new magazines when you first read them. Like I've said before, I sometimes get excited about the most simple of things but this will be my official bookmark until I get the next Cowdery masterpiece (assuming of course that this trend of generosity continues). toast.gif

Chuck,

Received your book last night. Great inscription. I am going to read it this weekend.

Mike Veach

To you and all who have ordered, I look forward to your feedback.

Well, for starters, I'm gonna have to start referring to you as Colonel Cowdery. lol.gif

You also learn the meaning of MYTH lol.gif Around here we call it horseshit.gif Chuck has such a "class act" style of writing that it isn't until after you take in all the facts, that you realize, he just kicked some ass lol.gif

Chuck, your'e awsome grin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.