Hirsch 20 still to be had!

voigtman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was on vacation earlier this month, in South Bend, Indiana, and my wife suggested we walk around in the city center (I could joke about why this is a high point of a vacation there, but I won't lol.gif). Anyway, happened to pass by a store named City Wide Liquors, so we stopped in. Very glad we did: they had 1 bottle of Pappy 23 (about $245), several bottles of Hirsch 16 (gold wax seal; forgot to check the price banghead.gif) and 3 bottles of Hirsch 20. The Hirsch 20's were $99.99 each (and I think 6 bucks sales tax), so I grabbed one. Even better, my wife said to do it, and put it on the plastic, so who am I to refuse such a suggestion! grin.gif. So, if anyone wants one of the 2 remaining bottles, the address is 109 East Jefferson Blvd., South Bend, IN. There is a web site for City Wide Liquors (with more contact info http://www.citywideliquors.com), but, like most retailer web sites, it says nothing about the good stuff on the shelves and is rarely updated. soapbox.gif

Cheers, Ed

Ps. I hope you all have a grand time at the Bourbon Festival! I'll raise a few to you all at this end!

Well done Ed, I rate the Hirsch 20 as quite possibly the finest whiskey I have had. While very well-aged whiskey generally (by my lights) won't reach the heights, this one has it all.

Gary

• 3 months later...

I was on vacation earlier this month, in South Bend, Indiana, and my wife suggested we walk around in the city center (I could joke about why this is a high point of a vacation there, but I won't lol.gif). Anyway, happened to pass by a store named City Wide Liquors, so we stopped in. Very glad we did: they had 1 bottle of Pappy 23 (about $245), several bottles of Hirsch 16 (gold wax seal; forgot to check the price banghead.gif) and 3 bottles of Hirsch 20. The Hirsch 20's were $99.99 each (and I think 6 bucks sales tax), so I grabbed one...So, if anyone wants one of the 2 remaining bottles, the address is 109 East Jefferson Blvd., South Bend, IN. There is a web site for City Wide Liquors (with more contact info http://www.citywideliquors.com), but, like most retailer web sites, it says nothing about the good stuff on the shelves and is rarely updated. soapbox.gif

Too late -- I grabbed 4 this morning (the price had edged into three-figures range). I had emailed the store a week or so ago with this post in mind, asking if they still had it. The store manager responded the stock had been depleted. Glad I decided to see for myself.

By the way, the Hirsch 16yo on their shelf is now the gold-foil third bottling.

By the way, the other items pictured are additional 'takings' from my Michigan trip. Found the '93 Stagg and ER17 on my way out of TN; the Hirsch in IN; and the EW1793, Old Fitz 1849, Very Rare Old Heaven Hill 10yo BIB and Mellow Mash all in Bowling Green, KY.

post-367-14489811780425_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.