Book-Related Events

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have four upcoming events to announce related to the release of my new book, BOURBON, STRAIGHT: The Uncut and Unfiltered Story of American Whiskey.

Saturday, September 18, 2004

2:00 PM to 6:00 PM

Bardstown Booksellers

129 N. 3rd St., Bardstown

(Personal appearance and signing, maybe a reading,

we'll see. This is Saturday afternoon during the

Bourbon Festival and the store is right downtown, just

north of the courthouse.)

Sunday, September 19, 2004

2:00 PM to 4:00 PM

Borders

27 Shelbyville Rd. Plaza, Louisville

(Personal appearance and signing, maybe a reading,

we'll see.)

Monday, September 20, 2004

3:30 PM

Interview with Scott Mullins on radio station

WFPK 91.9 FM, Louisville.

Monday, September 20, 2004

4:30 PM to 6:30 PM

Old Town Wine & Spirits

1200 Bardstown Road, Louisville

(the main store location is at 1529 Bardstown Rd.

This is their wine room location. My appearance

and book signing will coincide with a tasting of

Van Winkle bourbons, hosted by Julian Van Winkle.)

Interview with Scott Mullins on radio station

WFPK 91.9 FM, Louisville.

For those whom may not know, Scott Mullins is our very own BourbonitisBlues. He was also a judge with me at the Four Roses Manhattan Contest last fall. Here's to Scott for giving Chuck, and the site, a little love toast.gif

If you're not in Louisville you should be able to listen to the interview on the radio's website: WFPK.org

UPDATE: I guessed that the Borders event on Sunday, 9/19, would be two hours. I have since learned that it is one hour, although if there is a line around the block grin.gif no one will be turned away.

Saturday, September 18, 2004

2:00 PM to 6:00 PM

Bardstown Booksellers

129 N. 3rd St., Bardstown

Despite your generous shipping coupon for us forum members, we elected to hold out until the festival in anticipation of an event like this. Supporting an independent bookdealer in a small town makes the purchase even more satisfying. Look forward to seeing you there! toast.gif

We'll have to warn you, though: given Tina's delicate condition, if there is any shoving, stampeding, or trampling going on, we'll have to leave.

Chuck, Do you have a roadie yet? I can be on hand to pour your drinks, step and fetch, open crates of books and to keep you with a ready supply of fresh pens! lol.gif

If you go that far back I could see you sealing envelopes with wax and pressing a signet in it, but then again someone might take issue with the wax!

True story. I did have a wax sealing kit when I was a kid and thought it was the coolest thing. I'm either a throwback, a nerd, or both.

Well done Chuck! I tried to call and win the prize (free book to the 6th caller) but I couldn't remember the area code for KY! lol.gif

Just as well. You would have had to pick it up at the station.

Scott has a lot of listeners. The phone rang off the hook when he announced the book giveaway. Many thanks to Scott. It went very well.

Me and Amelia took a brief hiatus yard work to listen, that was a fast 20 or so minutes. My radio stays on 91.9 almost all the time. They have such an eclectic mix of music. Some recent criticism for their cutting Jazz programing , and it is still on at certain times, no matter it is the best station in Louisville. toast.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.