I.W. Harper President´s reserve

Hedmans Brorsa
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone know anything about this brand? Over the years I have bought a couple of American whiskeys known for their "Japan only" stance. Typical for these bottlings is the omnipresence of Japanase characters/text (The 12 yo Harper even has more Japanese than English on the label). Not so with President´s reserve, though. The Absence of Japanese text apart, there is very scarce information on the label or the accompanying box. It just informs you that the whiskey is "specially selected aged Kentucky bourbon whiskey" and that it was distilled in Louisville.

What I am curious about is whether this is a product for the US market and, if so, has anyone on this forum tasted it (I think I spotted a bottle in Paradox magnificent collection). Is the name President´s reserve just an indication that it is a premium product or do some of it find its way to the White House or Camp David? Anyway, there is surprisingly little info to be had on the Internet - a very anonymous brand, indeed.

As for the whiskey itself, I have to say it is delicious! Both the nose and the palate offers a breathtaking mixture of dark fruits, toffee and oak. Not to be missed if you can find it.

I have attached photos of the bottle and the box. I bought my first digital camera this summer so I´m not sure about the quality (or whether it works at all!)

post-6-1448981161424_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.