George Stagg

squire
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Evening Board,

I bought a bottle of George Stagg a couple days ago while traveling and didn't get a chance to look at it closely until today. I was supprised to find the bottle doesn't have a sticker/label showing either the age or proof. The usual bio stuff is on the back but I recall my last bottle of this expression had a small label on the front under the name and Kentucky SBW words. This one doesn't. The only sticker is a gold press on stating Whiskey of the year 2002.

I am not concerned, label was probably lost in transit or handling, but since I had planned to present the bottle at a tasting I should know what I've got. Since the sticker proclams 2002 I should have either the '03 or '04. Please let me know the boards' thoughts

Regards,

Squire

I recall seeing a couple bottles of Stagg '02 on the shelf at Liquor Barn that were missing the same label. Must have been a defect on the bottling line or bad glue or something. Don't dwell on it too much though, just open it and enjoy. drink.gifyum.gif

Mark, hi,

Thank you for your comments. I am somewhat conversant with this whiskey. My question is which expression do I have?

Regards,

Squire

Well I'll be darned,

Guess this one had been in stock for awhile. Was some dust on the bottle, come to think of it the check out lady did seem to wipe it off a bit. That and the bottle of Van Winkle Rye and the two bottles of Jacobs Well (I know, I know) and I got the impression she and her husband owned the place and were glad someone willing to pay retail came in and relieved them of the stuff.

Regards,

Squire

Jeff's correct. I believe the bottles are identiacal but only the 2002 release had reference( the oval sticker ) to the 2002 "Whiskey of the Year".

Others have answered it but yes, it is a 2002. that was the only one of the two rleases out thus far that had the gold oval sticker saying whiskey of the year. Soon the 3rd release will be out. Enjoy the Stagg! toast.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.