Show Us Your Stash -- Version 2

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well Joe, I'm torn between your Eagles and your Wellers.

And gg, well that just looks like a little slice of Heaven.

It's gonna be awhile till I get my pics up. Mostly because my inventory is only around 40 and I'd have to stop drinking them for awhile at the rate I'm accumulating for any more to show up!

I took everything out of my cabinet to do some cleaning and take an inventory. It was also a good opportunity to do some rearranging and snap a few pics.

#1. My Eagles #2. My Olds #3. My Wellers #4. My Turkeys

#5. My Van Winkles #6. My BTAC #7. My Makers #8. My Ryes

#9. Miscellaneous #10. More Miscellaneous #11. Back In The Cabinet

That's all for now. Hope to pick up a few goodies at the KBF. Might finish a couple in the mean time too. :grin: Joe

Them is purty bottles Joe. I really dig the Yellowstone and Benchmarks. Both great pours.

First shot is 'the bunker' where all my bourbons/ryes are stored under the main top bar. The front line of bourbons and ryes are my opened ones currently and i have a Blantons and WT Rye upstairs as my go to pour for Fri & Sat nights.

Stones, what is that thing on the wall?? Is that a Scorpion?

Stones, what is that thing on the wall?? Is that a Scorpion?

Yes it is! hahah! When we bought the house it had this retro 60s style bar with padded vinyl and such on the front with carved scorpion symbols as detail. The wooden handles on the doors are carved scorpions too. Not sure why the scorpions but we have embraced it and formulated it into a mexican bar and i have a plastic scorpion perched on the wall with sombreros and a ukulele too. We also stock the infamous scorpion tequila for guests to shoot. Its cheesy but a hit with most who visit. :grin:

I took everything out of my cabinet to do some cleaning and take an inventory. It was also a good opportunity to do some rearranging and snap a few pics.

#1. My Eagles #2. My Olds #3. My Wellers #4. My Turkeys

#5. My Van Winkles #6. My BTAC #7. My Makers #8. My Ryes

#9. Miscellaneous #10. More Miscellaneous #11. Back In The Cabinet

That's all for now. Hope to pick up a few goodies at the KBF. Might finish a couple in the mean time too. :grin: Joe

That is a freaking sick collection...wanna trade?:D

That is a freaking sick collection...wanna trade?:D

Whatcha got? :skep:

I started with bottles of MM, WR, KC, Canadian Club and Crown Royal. After the KBF two years ago, the bourbon bug hit me pretty good. :rolleyes: A few months later I joined SB. Now after about a year and a half, I'm pretty happy with my collection. :grin: I would also like to add, that my collection wouldn't be what it is today without the help from a lot of good people here at SB. I searched through a lot of threads, asked a lot of questions, spent some late nights in the chat room, made a few phone calls, got to meet a few members, did some dusty hunting, and made a few trades. :thankyousign: My collection probably would look really sick if I wasn't a member of SB. :lol: Joe

Yes it is! hahah! When we bought the house it had this retro 60s style bar with padded vinyl and such on the front with carved scorpion symbols as detail. The wooden handles on the doors are carved scorpions too. Not sure why the scorpions but we have embraced it and formulated it into a mexican bar and i have a plastic scorpion perched on the wall with sombreros and a ukulele too. We also stock the infamous scorpion tequila for guests to shoot. Its cheesy but a hit with most who visit. :grin:

I see that's kind of cool ornation really! I just wasn't sure if it was a real one crawling down the wall that you had as pet or something. I am creeped out by them, but can in way appreciate their unique beauty.

On the stash topic, I am going to start cleaning out my utility closet, in the process redoing my inventory and organizing all my bottles so while I do that I'll take some pictures and eventually post them. Eventually with me could be a while though... Only problem is that doing so is going to depress me when I am reminded of the 2002 Weller 19 and 2003 Stagg that I am missing! I do have a couple extra 2001 Weller 19s if anyone has either of the two I am issing and wants to trade?! :skep: :grin:

I see that's kind of cool ornation really! I just wasn't sure if it was a real one crawling down the wall that you had as pet or something. I am creeped out by them, but can in way appreciate their unique beauty.

On the stash topic, I am going to start cleaning out my utility closet, in the process redoing my inventory and organizing all my bottles so while I do that I'll take some pictures and eventually post them. Eventually with me could be a while though... Only problem is that doing so is going to depress me when I am reminded of the 2002 Weller 19 and 2003 Stagg that I am missing! I do have a couple extra 2001 Weller 19s if anyone has either of the two I am issing and wants to trade?! :skep: :grin:

Christian,

Early last year I found a complete set of the 2000 BTAC. The Weller 19 was overly woody and I didn't like it. How were the subsequent years? Any better?

Christian,

Early last year I found a complete set of the 2000 BTAC. The Weller 19 was overly woody and I didn't like it. How were the subsequent years? Any better?

I've thoroughly enjoyed everyone I've tasted, but think I may like bourbon with a solid wood note to it, not sure but know I haven't tasted much if any S-W bourbon that I didn't enjoy.

Here's my "top shelf" stash. Not many bottles, and not all bourbon, but mostly bourbon.

Mark Edwards

post-5102-14489815784502_thumb.jpg

Here's my "top shelf" stash. Not many bottles, and not all bourbon, but mostly bourbon.

Mark Edwards

I like the brooding vulture and toothy rabbit looking over it for you... :grin:

That toothy rabbit would likely be the killer rabbit (with big pointy teeth) from Monty Pythons "The Holy Grail".

I found the vulture on my desk the morning I turned 50. The toothy rabbit is from the Monty Python line of plush toys. I don't remember if the bluebird was up there, but I think he's drunk. :cool:

I am enjoying the heck out of the Elijah Craig, the Rock Hill Farms and the Sam Houston (my most recent purchases), and tasting some 50's (not shown) of Buffalo Trace (ehhh..., but cool! they have little corks!) and Wild Turkey 101 (not bad). Plus a couple of 50's of Hennesy (yum!) and Jameson (not opened yet).

Mark Edwards

I found the vulture on my desk the morning I turned 50. The toothy rabbit is from the Monty Python line of plush toys. I don't remember if the bluebird was up there, but I think he's drunk. :cool:

I am enjoying the heck out of the Elijah Craig, the Rock Hill Farms and the Sam Houston (my most recent purchases), and tasting some 50's (not shown) of Buffalo Trace (ehhh..., but cool! they have little corks!) and Wild Turkey 101 (not bad). Plus a couple of 50's of Hennesy (yum!) and Jameson (not opened yet).

Mark Edwards

The little cork in the BT 50 is pretty cool. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

this is all I have presently after a recent divorce...

all open and "in rotation" on my little bar...

l_55b779ce964b433894a24aa167bc5842.jpg

that EWB in the back has half a vanilla bean soaking in it!

OK, y'all here dey is, left to right.

Top;

Legend Barrel Proof, Legend 101, American Spirit, Master Distiller's Select 14yo, 50th Jimmy Russell's Tibute, Japanese Tribute

2nd row,

12yo Split Label, Tradition, 1855 Reserve, Kentucky Spirit, Japanese Split Label 700ml, Japanese Full Label 700ml

3rd row,

Old Number 8 Brand, 8 year old 101,[200ml chrome flask 86.8] Gold Label, Rare Breed, [200ml chrome flask 86.8], Old Brown label 80 proof, Current 80 proof

4th row,

8 yo export 1 litre, current 101 NAS, Russell's Reserve Old Label 90, 10yo 101 Russell's Reserve, New Label Russell's Reserve 90, 86.6 Brown Label, Export 86.8

5th row,

Sherry Signature, American Honey, WT Liqueur, Russell's Reserve Rye New Label, Russell's Reserve Rye Old Label, green and red old label Rye 101, Current 101 Rye

OK, lets add a Heritage, yep gots me a Heritage.

Now I'm thinking how nice it would be to get a Stampede, Freedom and 17 Year Old.

Ok, let's do a few more.

Wild Turkey 17 Year Old

Wild Turkey Baccarat Crystal 101 8 Year Old

Wild Turkey Liqueur, the 6 sided bottle with flying and sitting Turkeys on 4 sides, I have the old 6 side but without the birds.

Also last month I got a Wild Turkey Wedgwood Crysatal at the WT gift shop but no bourbon inside, Mr Russell said they are not allowed to do that any longer.

However there is one up for a sale on the you-know-who-aution-website for only $999.00.

Now I need the WT Stampede and Freedom.

Ok, let's do a few more.

Wild Turkey 17 Year Old

Wild Turkey Baccarat Crystal 101 8 Year Old

Wild Turkey Liqueur, the 6 sided bottle with flying and sitting Turkeys on 4 sides, I have the old 6 side but without the birds.

Also last month I got a Wild Turkey Wedgwood Crysatal at the WT gift shop but no bourbon inside, Mr Russell said they are not allowed to do that any longer.

However there is one up for a sale on the you-know-who-aution-website for only $999.00.

Now I need the WT Stampede and Freedom.

Oscar, Emerald and I actually saw a WT Baccarat in DC a couple months back and it had bourbon in it. The guy wanted some ungodly amount of money for it.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!