George T Stagg !!!!

jace33
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well I found the last botle of GTS. in my liqour super market,The GM said he had to beg for a case of GTS., and this would be the only supply for year.

Is this release that rare at about $46.00 bottle or is this guy pulling my chain or is this the real deal?

Is this a buffalo trace product?

If it is true that this all I get is that due to the market and who could I buy some more; ie. online store?

p.s. This is great stuff I cannot wait to compare to Booker's , How does Old Granddad 114 tatse? drink.gifusflag.gif

Yes, it's really just $46 (or thereabouts).

Only 4134 bottles were produced. It's rare indeed. Rarer still because those of us who know about it tend to hoard it. smile.gif

It's a Buffalo Trace product.

You are unlikely to have much luck online, but you can try contacting Binny's, Sam's Wine, or Randall's and you might get lucky.

http://www.binnys.com/

http://www.samswine.com/

http://www.internetwines.com/

I decided to have a touch of something tonite and settled on Stagg. I looked them over and went with the 129 proof. I wanted another and decided it was all downhill from there so I had a touch of 136.7. As good as the 129 is and it is very good, I felt tonite at least that the 2002 blows it away. toast.gif

Bobby,

As the temperature dropped this week in Kentucky, I started my descent from the lighter, wheated, sweeter bourbons to the depths of the complex, dark and powerful. As a fire danced playfully in the fireplace, I was in the mood to celebrate UK's only SEC win. 2002 Stagg it was. A perfect choice for the cooler weather and dark at 5PM or earlier months. Rich, woody, layers of flavor and a mule kick of alcohol.

Not many others can stand up to the original Stagg.

bowdown.gifbowdown.gif

Ed, perhaps your take on Stagg would concur with the view of American food writer M.F.K. Fisher on a certain French "marc" (a robust brandy made from wine lees).

She said it would "jar Jupiter". smile.gif

Gary

If a mule is an Ass and it got kicked,

It would not be a stretch to think that jarring Jupiter would be close to getting Uranus Kicked.

falling.gif

If a mule is an Ass and it got kicked,

It would not be a stretch to think that jarring Jupiter would be close to getting Uranus Kicked.

falling.gif

and being plugged in the process. shocked.gif

Thank you for response it is good to have such a wealth of information to relie apon.

P.S. I geuss old granddad is not a premium bourbon. usflag.gifdrink.gifdeadhorse.gif

P.S. I geuss old granddad is not a premium bourbon.

Yes and No. It is a good one, it gets lost in the mix as it were.

People have asked me which version of Stagg is the best. Well...... I really can't answer that question. The 143.7 just about melted the soles of my shoes! About 5 minutes after my first sip in the lab, my taste buds begin to come back to life. My second sip introduced me to the first bourbon that really had an intense flavor of chocolate/cocoa. I compare this to the current 129 proof version and find the 129 much more drinkable (straight). Since I would add water to either, I really can't make up my mind. The character of each release really differs. Some days I prefer one and other days I find myself lusting after the other!

Ken

People have asked me which version of Stagg is the best. Well...Some days I prefer one and other days I find myself lusting after the other!

Ken

I'm finding I prefer whichever one's in my glass at a given time. I find no fault with either.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.