Michael Jackson Whisky Connoisseur Glass

greenbob
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I recently bought the new Michael Jackson Whisky Connoisseur Glass for a friend of mine, and neglected to get one for myself. After seeing how dorky the glass looked with Michael Jackson's signature on the base of the glass, I was happy with my decision not to spend the money getting one for myself.

The glass, however, comes with a lid for holding in the aroma. And my friend is raving about the lid. He says that after leaving the whiskey in the glass for awhile, and then taking the lid off, the smells are unbelievable.

I suppose one could test that phenomenon by using an extra joker or a 3X5 file card in conjunction with a Glencairn blender's glass or a Reidel bourbon glass. I may just try it.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Stupid question - does anyone know what retailers carry these Reidel Bourbon tasting glasses? I'd love to get some.

I'm pretty sure you can get them from Amazon.com, but I've found them for a lot cheaper prices at wine & sprits retailers that usually carry a good selection of wine glasses.

If they don't have any on hand, but carry the Riedel line of glasses, they can certainly order them for you.

Ok. The only place around here that I've found carrying the Riedel line was Williams Sonoma, and they were unable to special order the glasses. I would order from Amazon, but I'm just the tiniest bit sketched out over ordering something that fragile through the mail.

I've ordered two sets from Amazon without any problems. They are packed well in plastic air bags. If I recall a set of four was about $32 and around $42 for the crystal version.

Craig

Yes it works. I actually thought of the during summer to keep flies out of my bourbon lol.gif

Sam's in in Chicago has them. If they don't offer them on their web site just send them an email. I'm sure they would be happy to sell them to you. Ditto Liquor Barn in Louisville/Lexington.

I bought mine on Ebay -- with S/H it was probably slightly less than average retail (which seems to be about $8 a glass, before sales tax). If you can find some on sale you can maybe do better.

You can't ALWAYS find some at auction, but frequently enough that you shouldn't have to drink from a tin cup very long. Just run a search for "Riedel bourbon".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.