Riedel Glass [was: attachment test]

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Every regular set I see on Ebay is always a lot higher, Tim. There's a set now, with 22 hours left, that's already $28.77. My gain, their loss!

Last weekend, I purchased a pair of the spirits/fortified wines/cask aged brandies "O" glasses at the area BB&B. I like 'em -- think of a cross between the Riedel bourbon glasses and the "O" Riesling/Sauvignon Blanc ones. They are sort of the size of the former (without the stem), and the shape of the latter.

Alas, they are the same price as the half-again larger ones -- $19.99/pair.

I like mine, too. A lot - they are my standard glass for spirits now, unless I am adding ice. Sadly, I broke one from being a little careless washing it.

As I noted in a post in october in this thread, you can get them from The Wine Enthusiast for $14.95/pair with free shipping.

Jeff

I was at Bed Bath and Beyond the other day and they had a complete O series tasting set of two of each glass, including the fortified wine/beverage glass for 99.99. They have them advertised on opening web page right now as well for that price. 10 glasses total in five different sizes. Great glasses in sizes to fit any mood.

• 3 months later...
I like mine, too. A lot - they are my standard glass for spirits now, unless I am adding ice. Sadly, I broke one from being a little careless washing it.

As I noted in a post in october in this thread, you can get them from The Wine Enthusiast for $14.95/pair with free shipping.

Jeff

Just ordered a set of 2.

Thanks for the tip!

Anyone here try the Single Malt Scotch glasses? I like them quite a bit for bourbon and scotch. I do want to try the Bourbon glasses though.

I also like to use Reidel Port glasses for drinking whiskey, especially Cognac.

I've never liked the big bowl brandy snifters. Too much air on the whiskey IMO and I personally don't like to heat up the whiskey with my hand.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone here try the Single Malt Scotch glasses? I like them quite a bit for bourbon and scotch. I do want to try the Bourbon glasses though.

I also like to use Reidel Port glasses for drinking whiskey, especially Cognac.

I've never liked the big bowl brandy snifters. Too much air on the whiskey IMO and I personally don't like to heat up the whiskey with my hand.

I have a pair of the Riedel Single Malt Whisky glasses and I absolutely love them for Scotch, but I don't care for them for bourbon as much as I like the Riedel Cognac Henessy Glasses. It holds the bouquet tremendously and it a delight to drink from. I personally dont recommend the Riedel bourbon glasses, both the Single Malt glasses and all the cognac glasses are far superiour IMO. I agree with you about a standard snifter, too much alcohol emphasis. Hope this helps.

I have a pair of the Riedel Single Malt Whisky glasses and I absolutely love them for Scotch, but I don't care for them for bourbon as much as I like the Riedel Cognac Henessy Glasses. It holds the bouquet tremendously and it a delight to drink from. I personally dont recommend the Riedel bourbon glasses, both the Single Malt glasses and all the cognac glasses are far superiour IMO. I agree with you about a standard snifter, too much alcohol emphasis. Hope this helps.

Havent' tried the Riedel Cognac glasses, but I really like the Riedel Bourbon glasses. I have a couple of Riedel 'O' Port/Spirit glasses arriving, and will compare and report back.

Kevin

The Riedel O spirit/fortified wine glasses (414/60) arrived yesterday. On first use, the glass seems slightly more fragile than the Riedel Bourbon glass. In any case, these glasses are light, and very nice.

To me it's a tossup as to which I prefer. The inward turn of the lip on both is comparable and concentrates the nose nicely. Can't go wrong with either of them. Both keep the bourbon from spilling on the table when poured. :lol:

Kevin

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.