Van Winkle Rye no longer available?

wrbriggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Great find! Keep your hopes up -- I was still buying '03 Stagg and '03 ER17 at an area store right up till just before Christmas last month. Also in December I found multiples of '89 EWSB and '97 Wathen's. It's suprising what you can find just by looking (to paraphrase the inimitable Yogi).

Since I promised some Stagg for a special order somewhere in the Northeast, and because I was advised that we had shipped all that we had, and because I hate to promise someone something and not deliver, and because I generally keep some cases of special items in my office closet, I sent the last of my personal stash over to shipping and they used it to fill this order. Alas, my cupboard is now bare. I noticed that someone else here at Buffalo Trace has been helping themselves to my closet. After locking the closet, I was asked by Mark Brown why I had done so. Now I know where my stuff has been going. He fessed up!

Ken

lol.giffalling.gifbanghead.gif

Ken,

Do you have a key to Mark Brown's closet? And, if not, will you be at the Sampler in April? If so, let me know, and I may be able to help you out since my Stagg stash apparently is now bigger than yours. shocked.gif

Ken, this is just a stunning display of integrity, personal honor and way over the top treating customers like kings! I would NEVER have expected you, or anyone else, to make such a personal sacrifice! I'm sure I speak for those of us who got those precious Stagg 2002's in saying a heartfelt THANK YOU! bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

We owe you big time! Tomorrow after work I'm going to go spend some more money buying Buffalo Trace bourbons, all of which are simply wonderful! This is truly amazing, in this day and age! Ed V. Thank you, Jim Butler: it is an honor to be in such excellent company!

Ken

Now I feel bad that you gave up your stash only to have it fall in to my stash ...Is there anything I can do for you ? confused.gif

PM me ....

Well maybe not anything shocked.gif.... 2 bottles ? ..lol grin.gif

Again Thank You Very Much bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif... this is unbelieveable Customer Service and for such fine products to ...

Bill G.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.