I have a problem.

Docholiday
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I would like to preface my post by saying that I have been a loyal follower of SB.com since early 1992. This, however, is my first post.

Here is my problem. I have been unable to find either of the Staggs to date. I would like to know if anyone out there knows of the location of any or has any (either '03 or '04), possibly to trade.

I have bottles of ER17(1987), Bookers & Bookers Noe numbered, Hirsch 16 (both blue wax top and foil), KS with pewter top and ORWV15/107 old bottle and PVFR 20 in ample (is there ever such a thing) supply. I would gladly entertain a proposal.

I'm guessing that it is 2004, since they didn't have any available last fall.

I am also quite sure that it is not a good price! $144.86/bottle!!! Sheesh!!!

I bought mine for about $45/bottle. But then I guess that is how/why they still have some available, and most other places are sold out of it!

I am also quite sure that it is not a good price! $144.86/bottle!!! Sheesh!!!

I'll sell every bottle of Stagg I have, for that price!

skep.gif

No wait!(Bob is looking for a way out now)

icon_redface.gif

Forget it, I don't have any to sell!

70358-devil.gif

You might want to try missionliquor.com. They are expensive on the Stagg, but much cheaper than Internet Wines. They claim to still have the 2004 for $70 and the 2003 for $130 a bottle. Not sure where they found the 2003. I think they have high prices on most things, but there are some relative bargains sprinkled in. Good luck.

Internet Wines was selling Stagg for $98 a bottle earlier in the season. I wonder if they upped the price on inventory, got more from Buffalo Trace or whether they have been buying stuff from other stores and marking it up based on paying retail. I don't like to buy from them (although I bought some relative bargains during the 25% off sale in January) because their prices are so high. In fact, even at 25% off everything there were only a few bottles that were worth buying.

We are getting ready to release a Spring 2005 vintage of Stagg. You may want to ask your favorite store manager to special order some for you now and get the order in with us.

Ken

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.