Henry McKenna

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Brand consciousness - The religion of Capitalist Consumerism - Spirtualism in a Pocketbook. Far more popoular than Krishna consciousness - Oprah Winfrey may be its greatest example.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey" - Mark Twain

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the correction Greg. I was totaly wrong about Rock Hill Farms. It was never 80 proof. I've got an empty bottle out in the shed with all of my other prized possessions,and after diggin it out I find RHF is 100 proof & BIB.

Linn Spencer

They changed the bottle so I thought perhaps somewhere along the line they might have changed the proof. I know the current product is 100 proof.

Greg

Linn,

If you'd really like to be totally wrong, far be it from me to stop you;

But there's an 80 proof bottle of RHF sitting on the table next to me as I type this ...

Cheers,

Jim Butler

Straightbourbon.com

of course. You have the California product

(just kidding)

btw, not sure why this got captured under "McKenna"

-- Greg

I have now found 3 bottles of the 80 proof in this little liquor store in Livermore. You have to blow the dust off anything in the place just to see what it is.

This last week when I visited, they had something called Ancient Age "preferred". Not really sure what that was, nor did I inspect it closely, as they had a dozen bottles of Hirsch rye right next to it. Grabbed the rye and was gone ...

BTW Greg, if it were a CA issue, it would have all the alcohol removed. Alcohol (with the exception of that found in wine) can make you hurt people's feelings and has been shown to lead to the use of pejorative language. We wouldnt want that ;-)

Cheers,

Jim Butler

Straightbourbon.com

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Good Jim, I'm glad to hear it. I had thought that RHF had been 80 proof in the past but I didn't have any old bottles other than the 100 proof.

Linn Spencer

• 4 weeks later...
Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I'm bumping this thread for a compaison with the 10 year old Henry McKenna Single Barrel with the new Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage 1992.

If you wade halfway through page two you'll find a quickie tasting I posted. What is striking is how simular the two independent descriptions are.

I've had Vickie pour a shot of each for a blind taste test. There is very little difference between the two. The nose is almost identicial. The palate reviels that one is slightly more musty than the other. The only truly significant difference is in the finish where the McKenna is ragged the EWSB '92 is tannic and dry as dust. Both are equally disappointing.

Heaven Hill has always had quite a bit more variance in their products than other distilleries. This is especially true of their single barrel bottlings.

I'm going to call them tomorrow to see about rectifing this sad situation.

Linn Spencer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.