Pappy Van Winkle 23 yr

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Has anyone had the pleasure of Pappy Van Winkle 23yr old bourbon.

Is it worth the price or effort.

Worth it as an investment? Considering the purchase of a case.

How should it best be stored?

Kakaji

Storing whiskey is not a particular problem, not like wine or beer. Obviously, large extemes of temperature aren't a good idea, direct sunlight is not a good idea. Mostly, you just need to put it someplace where Mason, Lipman, Spencer or one of those guys can't get a hold of it.

--Chuck Cowdery

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Chuck, as we say in Arkansas, "You got that right"

Kakaji, after picking up your case of Pappy Van Winkle, you are welcome to stop by Southern Arkansas for a drink or two.

Mark A. Mason, El Dorado, Arkansas

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Absolutely, I will even use the clean glasses this time. I must warn you though, I only have the Van Winkles between 10 and 15 years old.

Mark A. Mason, El Dorado, Arkansas

• 1 month later...
Guest **DONOTDELETE**

For John's birthday I purchased a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 23 year old for him. Buying this was a experience that I'd like to share with the forum.

Since the liquor store keeps this one in a locked cabinet, I couldn't just pick it up off the shelf and take it to the checkout stand. I had to go to the customer service counter and order the bottle individually. The woman then brought a bottle (out of storage, not the one in the cabinet) and displayed it to me as if she were showing me a bottle of fine wine, then asked me what register I'd like to make the purchase in, so she can take it there for me. The young girl at the checkout was unsure if she really wanted to hold the bottle to scan it. (If she was afraid of handling this bottle I would have hated to see her with a $1,500 bottle of Cognac!) Looking at the price, she asked me, "Is this stuff 300 years old or something?" This is definitely not a purhase that I make every day, but it was a fun experience!

I don't know if I'll post tasting notes, but John probably will. I think he's researching it right now, in fact.

Linda

http://w3.one.net/jeffelle/whiskey

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.