Boswell ??

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Today I picked up a bottle of Boswell Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, 100 proof, age unknown at one of the liquor stores that I haunt here in Kansas City. It was produced and bottled by Golden Barrel, Inc. of Frankfort, Kentucky. The 750 ml bottle is short and square, similar to Rockhill Farms. The top is hexagon shaped glass with a cork stopper.

Does anybody know anything about this bourbon? I lack the ability to describe the taste the way many of you do, but I like this stuff. It is a beautiful amber color and I detect, burnt sugar, vanilla, and spices on the nose. The taste is somewhat sweet and the finish is very nice with a little bit of heat.

The clerk commented that I was helping them clear their shelves. He said it looked like it had 3 years worth of dust on it, so he knocked of $5. They have another half dozen bottles, so I may go back tomorrow and pick up a couple more.

Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Sounds like an early Ancient Age Single Barrel. Probably bottled for a private label or distributer.

Mike Veach

• 3 years later...

According to my local store owner, Boswell's is bottled for the Lebanon, MO owner of the supplier of barrel staves to much of the industry. A previous sighting in another store corroborated this information and I believe it also stated that this is very limited quantity although there is no information on this that I can find. The bottle is plain but with its own simple elegance and the label simply states Boswell..Single Barrell..Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey..50% Alcohol..100 proof..750 ml. Next time I'm down around Lebanon I'll see if I can get any more information. The bottle I picked up is for someone else, but I plan to get one of my own soon and will elaborate on the taste at that time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.