Bourbon Festival

kitzg
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest **DONOTDELETE**

HOOWHEEE!! What a great addition to your website. You & John have outdone yourselves. We all look so very fabulous too. Good friends; good times, and good bourbon. That's the way life should be!

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Linda and John, VERY nicely done -- of course, we knew it would be! Thanks for helping preserve this for us! Greg & Jo

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

John and Linda,

Great Site!!!! I just hope everybody who comes to the Festival have as good of a time as you two fine people. I am already looking forward to next year.

Mike Veach

I've already contacted the organizers and am anxiously awaiting next year's date. There will be a few trips for Jo and I to Louisville (D. Marie's), some distilleries, and Bardstown in the meantime way before next year's festival.

I've not had time to read all of John and Linda's new pages but what I've skimmed is fantastic!! Nice work!

Greg

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Re:__The Good

________The Bad

__________and The Website...

Thanks everyone!! And especially thanks to all of you who made this one of our best vacations ever. I've always written the web pages with the idea that we're offering them to an interested generic reader, but this is the first time I've written where it mattered to me how they would look to real people who we know. We're so glad you like them. By the way, Linda takes all the notes and writes up the basic outline, then I write all the original text and do the photo-editing. Then Linda & I proof-read together, getting her response and input. Then I argue that she just doesn't get it. Then she points out that I'm an arrogent, self-centered artist-type and don't I realize just how offensive what I've written is going to look to people? So then I re-write the whole thing, using her stupid suggestions and realize that, as usual, she's completely right. After another proof-read, we agree on the final version. Then I get a new idea and start all over again. Then Linda & I proof-read, then... well, you get the picture.

To Mike, Linn & Vickie, Greg & Jo, Bettye Jo & Connie, Julian, Sam & Charles, Jim, Glen, and other STRAIGHTBOURBON members, I just want y'all to know we had the time of our lives and thank you for helping make that happen. Lew, I'm really sorry we didn't get to spend more time together; I enjoy you here and in M.A. (and we used to be practically neighbors; we lived for years just a few miles down PA-611 from you).

To those who've never visited the Kentucky Bourbon Country but intend to some day, let me suggest that you seriously consider what this gang of rampant lunatics is likely to come up with by next September. Depending on your outlook, you may take that as an invitation to join us or a warning to avoid the place at all costs :-)

And to those of you who SHOULD have been there with us but chose not to go (whether your initials are CKC or not), maybe next year???

=John=

http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

John,

It is obvious that you and Linda make a good team. Linda has a good sense for bourbon and I love the way she pulls out photographs of your bourbon collection and refers to them as her kids. As a matter of fact does she have any sisters or distant cousins that might... oh well one can only hope.

Mike Veach

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.