Best of Linn

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I think we should get Linn to pick out his best 10 bourbon tasting posts and copy them to give away to people at the tailgate party at the Bourbon Festival next year. What do you think? What better way to show people what we are all about than to let them read the genius that is Linn. It will show them that this site is informative and fun.

Mike Veach

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

You are too kind Mike.

I checked and found that I've done twelve tastings. Some of which made me cringe. Since they are all rough drafts written while actually conducting the tasting they all need a serious rewrite. Some need a serious retasting of the subject bourbon.

It would be fun, easy, and cheap to put together a little booklet of sorts. I could use a really good editor. Would anyone who has a deep knowledge of bourbon and a great command of the english language like to volunteer?

We would, of course, need Jim Butler's permission to use the StraightBourbon logo. <font color=orange>"Published by the StraightBourbon Free Press"</font color=orange>does have a nice ring to it. smile.gif

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Linn,

What I was thinking of was simply printing off the tastings of your choice (maybe with a little help of your fans) that you you thought were educational but entertaining. I would then copy them at the museum and hand them out at the fun raiser tailgate party for Straightbourbon.com. This, to me, is the best way to show interested people what the site is all about. You still have several months so additional bourbons could be tasted and the notes posted. How about Old Forester? Did you ever do a tasting of this brand, or did I miss it?

Mike Veach

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Yeah that's what I thought you ment. My best three are; Blanton's, Woodford Reserve, and either Kentucky Spirit or Knob Creek. How many people are going to be there that haven't read my tastings?

Half gallons of Old Forester are now on sale for $20 a pop. I love that stuff and I bought two of them. I'll see if I can come up with a cool creative angle for the tasting.

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.