Bourbon & Apple Juice

mbanu
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone else noticed that the flavors of Bourbon and apple juice just seem to really complement each other?? drink.gif

I have recently tried a few different mixed drinks with this combo that were in a Jim Beam booklet I received in the mail. I was very surprised by how good they were. It seemed like the apple juice brought out some of the flavors in the bourbon.

I played in a golf tournament a couple of years ago and it was a particularly cool, windy October day. At the turn they had warm apple wassle(?) with Buffalo Trace Bourbon. Well..... what could I say! After the round, I returned to the clubhouse and headed straight for this warm concoction. Wouldn't you know it, they were out!

Ken

I've had rum mixed with apple cider before and it was amazing. Will have to try a bourbon/cider mix sometime when I get some good cider.

• 2 weeks later...

I like mixing apple juice with bourbon and found that this mix was my favorite use for the Old Whiskey River. Didn't care for it on it's own.

• 2 weeks later...

I never tried this one yet and I probally will.I mix Coca Cola with Jim Beam w/ice and I get it right sometimes,sometimes not.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had rum mixed with apple cider before and it was amazing. Will have to try a bourbon/cider mix sometime when I get some good cider.

Bourbon and cider is tasty - had some around Christmas last year for the first time. Around here, we learned that this cocktail is called a "Stonewall Jackson."

Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider with Evan Williams was a real nice mix.

Bourbon and cider is tasty - had some around Christmas last year for the first time. Around here, we learned that this cocktail is called a "Stonewall Jackson."

hmmm now thats a great idea that i will have to try.

I wonder if this would work with hard cider as well....

• 2 weeks later...

I've had Bourbon and Apple Juice and love it. Well, I was at Wal-Mart this weekend and Pepsi has a new soft drink out called Manzanita Sol. It is carbonated apple soda. It is pretty good by itself. Of course, the real reason I bought it was to mix it with some Ancient Age and ice. It is wonderful. I'm not sure if it will ever be available nationally as this is clearly marketed to heavy hispanic areas but you never know. If you see it, try it with bourbon. You will not be disappointed! drink.gif

• 1 month later...

Hmm, now ain't that funny. I grew up on an apple orchard and this never occured to me to try ever.

I have mixed apple juice with rum many times but never bourbon.

I'm gonna have to give it a whirl tonight.

never tried mixing with apple juice/cider but I do enjoy a good crunchy apple whle having a sipper. My favorite is a nice tart red apple like a Braeburn. The flavors seem to compliment each other well.

Had a very good spiced apple cider, served warm, and spiked. The occasion was the MM tailgating party prior to the UK/Miss State football game. (Self Spiked at the recommendation of other attendees) Shame it wasn't colder outside. Nice combo though.

Well, I tried a cup a hot cider last night with a shot of Jim Beam Black. Very nice and anyone reading this and thinking to not try it, reconsider. It's a nice autumn evening drink.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.